CCT 4 wheel van

Started by 1936ace, November 30, 2012, 10:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Does any one know why the difference in price for the same wagon. Dapol say £12 and Farish are£16.75 . Is there two different types of this wagon.
Asking as I'm thinking of getting some for a TPO train
Thanks Bart

EtchedPixels

Quote from: 1936ace on November 30, 2012, 10:34:33 PM
Does any one know why the difference in price for the same wagon. Dapol say £12 and Farish are£16.75 . Is there two different types of this wagon.
Thanks Bart

CCT means 'covered carriage truck'. There are hundreds of such designs. Not sure what period you modelled but its certainly very unlikely you'd fine them on TPO trains for a lot of time periods. TPO's were designed to run fast, which four wheel stock tends not to like.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Shaun Harvey

Well I best not run mine with my TPOs then!

I was always looking for an old lima CCT, now I have 3!

Oldman

I have to admit to owning the PD Marsh one, but keep my eye out for one of the old lima ones to put a certain members graphics over the top to create the  Test dept one.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

1936ace

Thanks guys for the replies, I asked as I said I was thinking of one each end for a TPO train, I read on another post re the graham farish tops that they ran with guv's full brakes and cct. I have a few br blue guv's and just thought I could run the two tpo's in the middle with a cct each end, but I see what you mean re the 4 wheel wagons usually did not run as high speed stuff.
Suggestions to make it look right for a br blue period does not have to be prototypic ally correct
Bart

PLD

Quote from: 1936ace on November 30, 2012, 10:34:33 PMDoes any one know why the difference in price for the same wagon. Dapol say £12 and Farish are£16.75 . Is there two different types of this wagon.
Thanks Bart

The Dapol CCT is the Southern Railway 4 wheel 'Utility Van' of the mid 1930s (these were used by the SR in parcels trains and as luggage vans in passenger trains)

The Farish 4 wheel CCT is the 1950s BR type. I'm not aware of them ever being used in mail trains.

Farish also do the Mk1 bogie GUV ('General Utility Van') which has CCT type end doors and is capable of being used as such. These were used in parcels and Mail trains.

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations