!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: How to get better pictures - Close-up Photography.  (Read 10699 times)

Steamie+

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How to get better pictures - Close-up Photography.
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 06:58:23 am »
So, in conclusion, when photographing a model to illustrate a particular feature then the usual use of aperture/depth of field is a good idea, but when trying to give the illusion of a real world setting it is good to be able to get a similar 'real' depth of field.

Absolutely. And getting everything in focus isn't always the aim. Below is a picture I took the other day, and obviously the autofocus honed in on the foreground. But you know what? I think this image is really nice. Crop away some of the woodwork, and add some sort of cameo on the rocks, such as a small group of rock climbers or some wild animals, and you'd have something with lots of atmosphere if not much detail.

Cheers, NeMo

Well IMO blur makes the subject you are taking stand out, just lately on the forum it is all about depth of field and you must get all the area in focus. The human eye cannot focus to infinity so why ask a camera to do it and especially has we get older be truthful we lose it even more. Blurred photo’s rule lol.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Novice41

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: How to get better pictures - Close-up Photography.
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 04:47:01 pm »
The trouble with macro photography is that it shows up all the imperfections in your modelling but I suppose you can always Photoshop them out.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations

Advertise Here
anything