!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Another newbie!  (Read 148 times)

marco neri and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Another newbie!
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 01:40:21 pm »
@EastMidsCoal
Rails of Sheffield -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAPOL-N-GAUGE-ND-103G-MAINLINE-GREY-CLASS-58-027-DIESEL-LOCOMOTIVE-OS/202425829706?epid=1205336579&hash=item2f2185094a:g:DfEAAOSwa9FbjjSf

There are a couple of others on ebay.

Addit: Rails will usually accept an offer of 10/15% less than the orginal price.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:43:01 pm by dannyboy »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Drakken

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 02:22:16 pm »
Welcome to the Forum :beers:

Offline LASteve

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 05:06:06 pm »
How did you go on fitting sound to the 101 DMU - if you did?  Thats one thats on a 'want list'.

That was one of the easier ones, well, easy once you've got the body off, you need to keep the faith while you're doing that. It does come off, but it's a really tight fit and you think it can't possibly move. I've got the three-coach set from Farish (from eBay too, a good deal!). There are actually two decoders - one is just a regular no-sound one that sits in the actual "driving" trailer, the sound decoder is in the "dummy" trailer at the other end. They're both set to the same address so work together.

The sound decoder is a Zimo + sugarcube speaker from YouChoos. The sounds are great.

Offline EastMidsCoal

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 05:28:16 pm »
@EastMidsCoal
Rails of Sheffield -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAPOL-N-GAUGE-ND-103G-MAINLINE-GREY-CLASS-58-027-DIESEL-LOCOMOTIVE-OS/202425829706?epid=1205336579&hash=item2f2185094a:g:DfEAAOSwa9FbjjSf

There are a couple of others on ebay.

Addit: Rails will usually accept an offer of 10/15% less than the orginal price.

David,
Thanks for that - I did look for Class 58s on eBay but all that seemed to come up were old Hornby ones in OO!  I'll take a look, being 1980s era, I am looking for either their original Railfreight Red Stripe or later Railfreight Coal liveries, but I guess that Transrail liveried one could be backdated.  Might have to see if I can find a spare body that I could try my hand at repainting into Triple Grey, then swap the body and sell the Mainline variety one ... or repaint that for the next one!

That was one of the easier ones, well, easy once you've got the body off, you need to keep the faith while you're doing that. It does come off, but it's a really tight fit and you think it can't possibly move. I've got the three-coach set from Farish (from eBay too, a good deal!). There are actually two decoders - one is just a regular no-sound one that sits in the actual "driving" trailer, the sound decoder is in the "dummy" trailer at the other end. They're both set to the same address so work together.

The sound decoder is a Zimo + sugarcube speaker from YouChoos. The sounds are great.

Thanks Steve, thats useful to know.  I am assuming you put the speaker in what would have been the guards compartment?  Sorry for all the questions, but did you put two decoders in to save wires between the two vehicles or was there another reason?

Richard

Offline LASteve

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 11:25:36 pm »

Thanks Steve, thats useful to know.  I am assuming you put the speaker in what would have been the guards compartment?  Sorry for all the questions, but did you put two decoders in to save wires between the two vehicles or was there another reason?

Richard

Yep to both of the above. The two decoders were the simplest way around the problem while I figure out if I'm even capable of running wires between the coaches without melting everything in sight. I'm going to permanently couple the coaches at some point because I'm never going to be splitting up the rake (never say never, right?) and I'll put in the concertinas, so I could at that point look at hiding the wiring and free myself up a spare decoder. Putting the speaker back there wouldn't be a problem, but I would need to figure out the directional lighting.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
September Donations

Advertise Here
anything