Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

scotsoft

I think we are in need of a new thread for things that bewilder you.

I ordered two packs of Kato couplings from Plazza Japan, they arrived this morning 10 days after I ordered them which is fine by me, hence the Happy Thread  :)

What bewilders me was the size of the padded envelope 12"(300mm) x 8.5"(215mm)
for two packs of couplings 5"(125mm) x 2.5"(60mm) arrived in  ???  ???  ::)

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Got a result from EON end of last week.
They informed me just before winter time they needed to increase my monthly payment for dual fuel despite my protestation it wasn't necessary.
Now I have a cheque for £132 overpayment and my monthly payment has been reduced by £37. No doubt the idiots wil try this again come October/November, but in the meantime - more dosh for trains :)

I see we have 34 pages of posts in the Happy Thread and 61 pages in the Angry Thread.
Hopefully this does not reflect life in general for us all ??? :(

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on May 09, 2012, 10:56:18 AM
Got a result from EON end of last week.
They informed me just before winter time they needed to increase my monthly payment for dual fuel despite my protestation it wasn't necessary.
Now I have a cheque for £132 overpayment and my monthly payment has been reduced by £37. No doubt the idiots wil try this again come October/November, but in the meantime - more dosh for trains :)

I see we have 34 pages of posts in the Happy Thread and 61 pages in the Angry Thread.
Hopefully this does not reflect life in general for us all ??? :(

Well done on the refund  :thumbsup:

As for quantity of posts - probably reflects the amount of younger people there are in the forum, us older guys don't get angry, we just get even  :smiley-laughing:

Tank

Hattons have just told me that my 'Graham Farish 379-606 Leyland Atlantean London Country Bus' is on its way!!!!!   :D  Finally in stock!!!!

Mustermark

Cheers Tank, just ordered a couple myself  :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

longbridge

I'm happy that I got 8 well used years out of my old Acer Aspire computer that finally died 48 hours ago but even happier when I told a model railway mate what had happened and he gave me a Lenovo desktop computer for nothing, mind you I will get him a bottle of scotch to put a smile on his dial as well  :thumbsup:

Loaded it up with a Linux OS and it runs as sweet as Blackpool Rock  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

moogle

Finally got my next 3D printing project to load up right on Shapeways.  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)
All I ended up doing, after tearing my hair out, was to rotate it 90 degrees!

Orders now in, test print is on its way of this: http://www.shapeways.com/model/583867/gs-cattle-van.html
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

cookiescrumble

I got a letter through from Barclaycard, saying that they have upheld my PPI complaint on my credit card. It also said they will be sending me a cheque for £890  ;D.

Thats the layout paid for  :beers:

MinZaPint

Ordered a Union Mills T9 yesterday, in Southern livery of course, arrived this morning excellent service from Colin. Pics on the Union Mills thread. I've only got 12 coaches but it pulls them on the merest whiff of 'leccie, herewith my first attempt at a video, you'll have to excuse the detritus that is waiting to be replaced by scenery.

[IMG]

Right I'm off to wet the babies head!  :beers:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

keerout

Ordered a Union Mills T9 yesterday, in Southern livery of course, arrived this morning excellent service from Colin

...Somehow, Colin's li'l boxes seem to slip through the mail-service unharmed & VERY fast!
I ordered a G2 a couple of weeks ago and it arrived in TWO days! (isle of man - Amsterdam)
Most stuff from the UK takes a week, even mail order from the Netherlands takes more than 2 days..
Wonder how he does it  ???
Gerard

Kipper

Ordered a new Kia last month, and the model/trim combo was not available until July, so missed out on the Kia £1000 contribution. Got a phone call just now, to tell me that the car was at the dealers now - must have been a cancelled order from somewhere else - and, as it will now be supplied in June, I get the £1000 discount. Result!

longbridge

Great  stuff and car, nice to hear someone is happy out there in cyberspace  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Kipper on June 07, 2012, 09:21:17 AM
Ordered a new Kia last month, and the model/trim combo was not available until July, so missed out on the Kia £1000 contribution. Got a phone call just now, to tell me that the car was at the dealers now - must have been a cancelled order from somewhere else - and, as it will now be supplied in June, I get the £1000 discount. Result!

That will keep you in new releases for a year or so if you haven't told SWMBO :evil:

Kipper

I have already been reminded, that I was given some money at Xmas to go towards having a layout professionally built. Looks like I might have to get the planning sorted.

zwilnik

Just finished my 2nd house move in 3 months and hopefully will get to stay put long enough to build a new layout. Best bit is I now have either a spare bedroom or a garage (which is a little too small for my car I've decided) to build a layout in. Tempted towards using the garage if I can convince myself it's secure enough.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations