Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Quote from: daveg on May 14, 2013, 08:06:18 AM
Became a Great Uncle for the third time at 07:00 this morning.   :claphappy:

Welcome to the world Isabelle Victoria!  :heart2:

Dave G

Great stuff Dave, I hope IV and her mum are both doing well  ;)

cheers John.

jonclox

Quote from: scotsoft on May 13, 2013, 09:29:40 PM
Quote from: jonclox on May 13, 2013, 09:22:25 PM
:claphappy: finished antibiotics, given up on cough 'linctuse' and been able to cut back on painkillers at last so braincells just starting to work together again for the 1st time in over a week :bounce: :bounce:
That is good news and you must be feeling better to be able to cut back on the pain killers   :thumbsup:

Onwards and upwards again I hope
I suppose that means the stair lift will be getting a hammering again  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

:-\ Ummmmmmmm  maybe but Ive always prefered to walk down slowely and when possible back up the same way rather than hitch a ride.Sometimes tho stair lift is the only way :(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

jonclox

Quote from: daveg on May 14, 2013, 08:06:18 AM
Became a Great Uncle for the third time at 07:00 this morning.   :claphappy:

Welcome to the world Isabelle Victoria!  :heart2:

Dave G
A bit late but congratulations Daveg and all concerned  :thumbsup:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Mustermark

I just started a new job this week.  After a couple of years being pretty miserable in my old job, i found a job doing what i enjoy with a really great company :claphappy:

The people all seem really nice too.

I'm very, very happy to be given this opportunity to enjoy work again (in spite of the pay cut). I don't feel my soul dying as i drive to work now.
:bounce:
But I'm worried about my weight as the canteen is also really good! :heart2: :-[

Hopefully i will get the modelling joys back too now! :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

MikeDunn

Quote from: Mustermark on May 25, 2013, 03:32:27 PM
with a really great company :claphappy: The people all seem really nice too.
Well, that rules out you working for HP then  ;)

Good luck in it  :D

Oldman

Quote from: Mustermark on May 25, 2013, 03:32:27 PM
But I'm worried about my weight as the canteen is also really good! :heart2: :-[

Good news about the job, but  if you are working here, i'd worry about colesterol as well.
https://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en.html

:smiley-laughing:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Pengi

Terrific news Mark  :claphappy:

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

scotsoft

Great news to hear Mark, there is nothing worse than having a job you hate going to, I have been there.

I feel sure you will find renewed energy for Reading General  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Congratulations on finding a job that gives you great job satisfaction albeit at a lower salary.
There's a lot to be said for being happy at work rather than chasing the dollar :)

Pete Mc

Congratulations Mark,I have a job that I neither like or dislike.I have a lot of friends at work so that carries me through the day nicely.It is true that if you enjoy you're job then it reflects on other aspects of you're life.

As I say,I don't like or dislike my job,just the people I sometimes come into contact with,the likes of which appear on Jeremy Kyle and talk shows like that,all me me me.I don't want to deal with their rubbish lives or their rubbish.I'd rather not talk to them if I'm honest.

On a happier note,I finish work for 17 days a week on thursday,finish at around 3pm on the 6th June.Not going anywhere though,only Wigan for a day out and we're doing a one day exhibition in Sheffield as well so some serious playing trains is in the cards.I'll also be ploughing on with more dcc sound installations on my fleet.What will the next ones be?

The choices a single bloke like me has to make.And beer will be on the list of to do's as well.I'm starting to think 17 days off won't be long enough.

Happy days.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Calnefoxile

Quote from: MikeDunn on May 25, 2013, 03:52:33 PM
Well, that rules out you working for HP then  ;)

Good luck in it  :D

Mike,

I know that feeling all to well ;) ;)

I took the money and ran about 6 years ago, after the HP/Compaq takeover, oops sorry merger, it wasn't long before I realised what a wonderful company HP was to work for, so when redundancy was mooted for the UK Networks Team, my hand went straight up, and I went and did something much less stressful, like lorry driving for 18 months  :D :D

Mark,

Congratulations on your new job. I always say there are 3 things that'll keep you in a job:

1. Money
2. Job satisfaction
3. Work colleagues

And you need to be happy with at least 2 of those items, once you're unhappy with 2 then it's time to move on.

Regards

Neal.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Calnefoxile on May 26, 2013, 09:22:23 AM

1. Money
2. Job satisfaction
3. Work colleagues

And you need to be happy with at least 2 of those items, once you're unhappy with 2 then it's time to move on.

Regards

Neal.

Exactly the reason I'm retiring 5 years early ::)

MikeDunn

Quote from: Calnefoxile on May 26, 2013, 09:22:23 AM
I know that feeling all to well ;) ;)

I took the money and ran about 6 years ago, after the HP/Compaq takeover, oops sorry merger, it wasn't long before I realised what a wonderful company HP was to work for, so when redundancy was mooted for the UK Networks Team, my hand went straight up, and I went and did something much less stressful, like lorry driving for 18 months  :D :D
Hehehe, sounds like me ... I got taken over while in EDS, sorry we had a joint merger  :no:, that's right.  Stuck with it until a mate called me & talked me into an interview in his place (we'd worked in EDS before he headed off some years earlier & I took over the team he'd run); 5 minutes before I sent my resignation in, HP announced a VR scheme  :claphappy:

Mike

EtchedPixels

Nice timing. I was always told by the escapees I knew that EDS stood for 'Every Day Sucks'  :beers:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Phil Hendry

Well, for once Paypal have come good.  I opened a dispute against a trader from whom I'd ordered something and who didn't send the goods, respond to emails or answer the phone.  They ignored Paypal's attempts at communications too, so today I got the money back in my account.

Of course, I still don't trust Paypal, so I've transferred it somewhere they can't get their paws on it if they change their minds.
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations