!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Happy thread  (Read 218821 times)

Offline ozzie Bill.

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Happy thread
« Reply #3570 on: January 09, 2018, 08:12:57 pm »
Dace, my oppo took some pix, I'll see if I can get them. It was a good trip but I admit to being tired today!

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #3571 on: January 10, 2018, 08:34:50 pm »
Am I feeling good?  ;D.  I have just paid the last instalment on the loan I got two years ago for my new central heating, I have been told that the new car I ordered on 1st December should be delivered by 7th February, (and I received a 500 shopping voucher the other day for buying the car  :thumbsup:), also, I requested on 13th November that I be allowed to cut my monthly working hours from 144 to 120, (i.e. drop 2 shifts a month). I finally got a reply this morning, (shows how good the bosses are at 'man management'!), saying that it was all sorted and the new hours start from next week!  (I cut my hours from 168 to 144 12 months ago). And, more importantly, my recent health issues are still being kept in check!  Life can be good. :claphappy:  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.

Offline Jerry Howlett

• N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #3572 on: January 12, 2018, 02:42:06 pm »
Am I feeling good?  ;D.  I have just paid the last instalment on the loan I got two years ago for my new central heating, I have been told that the new car I ordered on 1st December should be delivered by 7th February, (and I received a 500 shopping voucher the other day for buying the car  :thumbsup:), also, I requested on 13th November that I be allowed to cut my monthly working hours from 144 to 120, (i.e. drop 2 shifts a month). I finally got a reply this morning, (shows how good the bosses are at 'man management'!), saying that it was all sorted and the new hours start from next week!  (I cut my hours from 168 to 144 12 months ago). And, more importantly, my recent health issues are still being kept in check!  Life can be good. :claphappy:  :beers:
  Did you buy a lottery ticket as well ?
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #3573 on: January 12, 2018, 03:26:45 pm »
Did you buy a lottery ticket as well ?

Yes I did. But I am sat here at home writing this reply, rather than being on the train across the Canadian Rockies, (or something similar).  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.

Online Phoenix

• Awards
« Reply #3574 on: January 12, 2018, 03:34:49 pm »
Wow !!!

Loads of good news coming in there  :D  :D  :D

Really pleased for you.

Kevin

:beers:  :claphappy:  :beers:

Offline scottmitchell74

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #3575 on: January 12, 2018, 03:40:32 pm »
@Lindi
Thanks for the suggestions. I did try bending them up. Nothing.

I've finally been able to correspond with someone at Hatton's who have given me a straight answer. Seems I'll be sending it in for a refund, saying goodbye to it forever.

It was on preorder since May! Talk about a let down. (And I know many people waited much longer)

Just one more thought. when you put the body back on are the small tabs at the ends of the chassis engaging correctly?

Bingo was his Name-O!!

This makes me feel like a front-line, major league tool! I was being too dainty putting things back together, and it was/is a hard push to get the ends to snap back all the way. With more pressure, I heard a distinct "snap" and now all lights work in all directions.

A lesson learned! I'm a tool, I need more patience and this place remains the best forum on Earth.  :NGaugersRule:
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #3576 on: January 12, 2018, 04:02:34 pm »
Glad to hear that things are going your way Danny.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline Lindi

• Awards
« Reply #3577 on: January 12, 2018, 04:20:06 pm »
@Lindi
Thanks for the suggestions. I did try bending them up. Nothing.

I've finally been able to correspond with someone at Hatton's who have given me a straight answer. Seems I'll be sending it in for a refund, saying goodbye to it forever.

It was on preorder since May! Talk about a let down. (And I know many people waited much longer)

Just one more thought. when you put the body back on are the small tabs at the ends of the chassis engaging correctly?

Bingo was his Name-O!!

This makes me feel like a front-line, major league tool! I was being too dainty putting things back together, and it was/is a hard push to get the ends to snap back all the way. With more pressure, I heard a distinct "snap" and now all lights work in all directions.

A lesson learned! I'm a tool, I need more patience and this place remains the best forum on Earth.  :NGaugersRule:

Excellent news  :)

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything