The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil chris

Waited in all day today because of a attempted delivery of a parcel I did not know was coming yesterday. On the card put through the door from UPS it said it will be delivered tomorrow(today). Anyway after a nightmare trying to communicate with one of those auto answering things I eventully spoke to a humam being and found the parcel had been dropped off at a nearby collection point in a street I had never heard of in my town. To make matters worse when I got home and checked the parcel it would have gone through the letterbox anyway. So a waste of a day, well not quite I did a few of the jobs that swmbo wanted doing, just a annoying day.

Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Bealman

I know we're coming up on Christmas, but this really got me annoyed.

I rarely go into the centre of town, but now I know why. The local council in all it's amazing wisdom decided to put an "ART" installation into the shopping mall. All at the cost of a mere $450,000 of local ratepayers' money.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  :worried:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Blimey!  :o  ???

All that for just $450,000?  :-X 

If it wasn't for the money you could simply ignore it. Meanwhile George, I wish you and yours a happy Christmas and a great 2018.

Dave G

Webbo

George, you're probably upset that you didn't think that the council would pay such enormous money for such art. That is, you missed out. Fancy not even having the palm trees planted in the ground. These are going to look really good when the trees die.

We've had this guy or one of his buddies around here. In our case, he (or perhaps she) got paid $150,000 for leaving a pile of scrap steel beside the road. Should have been fined instead for littering.

Webbo

Bealman

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope that art isn't at the bottom of your street!

Regarding the palm trees, those big bulbous things at the bottom are presumably full of soil and nutrients to keep them alive. Who knows. :doh:

Wasn't it the Japanese artist Christo who built a curtain over a canyon and wrapped up an Australian coast?

Weird, expensive and annoying rubbish.  >:(

Bealman

Quote from: daveg on December 17, 2017, 07:15:07 AM
Blimey!  :o  ???

All that for just $450,000?  :-X 

If it wasn't for the money you could simply ignore it. Meanwhile George, I wish you and yours a happy Christmas and a great 2018.

Dave G

Cheers, Dave. All the best to you and all your family.  :beers: :thumbsup:

Webbo

Quote from: Bealman on December 17, 2017, 08:10:55 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope that art isn't at the bottom of your street!

Regarding the palm trees, those big bulbous things at the bottom are presumably full of soil and nutrients to keep them alive. Who knows. :doh:

I hope you're not referring to my car as the pile of steel on my street? Anyway I'd accept $150,000 for it to transfer ownership to the city. Watering a root ball that is 20' in the air is going to cost your council a fair bit in ongoing costs I expect.

Bealman

Thanks, Ian, funny but it's not  ;)

Webbo

I agree - paying taxes is not funny. The selection of our politicians is a serious game that too many in our society think is a boring exercise. I certainly don't think so.

Bealman

Mate, without getting into a political argument here which is not allowed anyway, my point is what sort of mind condones this stuff when they won't keep the creek next to my place clear?  :thumbsup: :beers:

dannyboy

Looks like something left behind by a hurricane!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Doesn't it!

It's art, though.  ;)

Bob Tidbury

Bealman I just dont understand how the waste of public funds are allowed ,that money would have been better spent on the elderly , lonely or homeless or on a community center or hospital not flittered away on rubbish like that .I can guarantee that there was a backhander involved in that childish bit of so called art ,my two year old granddaughter could have come up with a better idea .I bet there are stronger words than that being said but what can us mere members of the public do about it,we dont have a say in it I bet that the idea wasnt publicised before it was stuck there.
Bob Tidbury

joe cassidy

People probably said the same thing about the Sydney Opera House when it was unveiled  :)

Ducks for cover !

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on December 17, 2017, 08:10:55 AM

Wasn't it the Japanese artist Christo who built a curtain over a canyon and wrapped up an Australian coast?

I know the Japanese have an obsession with wrapping things but this Christo fellow is not Japanese at all, from Bulgaria originally IIRC. Wrapped other things like the Reichstag building in Berlin.

Anyway I wonder how many palms were greased for the "installation" in question here?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations