Revolution Trains new models and reruns.

Started by Caz, September 06, 2018, 08:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intercity

It mentions reruns, is the Pendolino coming out in the new livery, my wallet is already groaning, a new powered model? Please be a 304, 308, 310 or 312. If a little more modern a 313, 315, 317, 318 series would be nice.

Hopefully the slow progress on the 320/321s hasn't put anyone off more MUs

PostModN66

Quote from: njee20 on September 07, 2018, 10:03:05 AM

325? A 90 maybe? Painted samples of new things. I may explode. It's a very real risk.

Noooo...not a 325.....!!!  :worried:

Cheers Jon  :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

njee20

I believe the Pendolino is owned by Rapido. I'd place money on the re-run being the TEAs.

RailGooner

Given the dearth of modern cars in N, I don't see a modern car carrier as a goer. :hmmm: The exception is the fully enclosed WIA/Sefoorss.

Steven B

My guess:
Re-run of TEA
Re-run of Pendolino
Class A tanks
Class 90
Ferry van (Interfrigo (angular body) or BR VIX) or PRA china clay (if Kernow/Revolution's agreement means the ferry-twin can be scaled up why not scale down a Kernow OO gauge product?)

What I'd like:
Class 90
Ferry van (Interfrigo (angular body) or BR VIX)
Class 304
Class 110
Class 142 - at the rate Dapol are going Revolution could still get a model out first, and the windows migh look the right size....

Steven B.

Vonzack

I'd love to see a 325 or a 90 as powered models and Arbels or STVAs would be nice. A source of modern cars would be needed for the STVAs though.

Cheers, Mark.

kirky

Id love to see a 185 or a 180. Or might there possibly be a Javelin in the offing?

Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

njee20

Quote from: Vonzack on September 07, 2018, 05:27:53 PM
I'd love to see a 325 or a 90 as powered models and Arbels or STVAs would be nice. A source of modern cars would be needed for the STVAs though.

Cheers, Mark.

You can get Minis, Transit vans and Jaguars from Oxford. Wouldn't be cheap, but it's all homogenous now, it's not like you need a wide variety of cars. Some cheap 3D printed ones on the lower deck and decent ones were you can see them.

WIAs would be interesting, and hark back to ATM.

Roy L S

Let's not forget thet not so long ago (Warley last year?) RevolutioN were talking about a powered Transition period model. Probably not steam, we know that's not their area of strength (but to play devil's advocate for a moment it is Colin Allbright's and he designed the Class B's). So, a transition diesel? Most of the locos left are pretty niche, a 28 is one possibility, however there are many transition (1st Gen to give them their correct categorisation) DMUs to consider, some lasted a long time, certainly into pre and post TOPS BR blue, so how about an earlyDMU...

Derby Lightweight anyone??

Roy

davidinyork

Quote from: NeMo on September 07, 2018, 09:23:42 AM
The only really obvious gaps are the 'Peak' diesels and the Class 87, 90, and 91 electrics, but these are old Farish models with some probability of being updated in the medium term. Some of those electric locos didn't sell particularly well either, if their persistence on the 'bargain shelf' in many shops is any indication.

The 90 probably has quite a lot of potential - the Farish offering is pretty crap by modern standards, and there are a lot of liveries to go at, and a very wide geographical range. That said, Bachmann are doing it in OO gauge so there's a fair probability that N gauge will follow in due course.

One of the reasons for the last run of 87s not selling well is probably that they were in Virgin livery, same as the previous run - a strange decision, given that there hasn't been one in a BR-era livery for many years; a blue one would probably have sold much better. It's a better model than the 90, but still rather dated.

bluedepot

some more guesses...  (for mike to add to list of future products...)

warflats / warwells  (oxford / hattons made them, so not bachmann...)

mk5 / mk5a  coaches

class 310 emu

class 313 emu  (and then make mersey rail 507/508?)

pwa fertiliser wagons

grainflow polybulk  (yes i know there is a kit for this one already)

anyway that's all my guesses used up....

tim

monkey_brains

Quote from: kirky on September 07, 2018, 05:43:40 PM
Id love to see a 185 or a 180. Or might there possibly be a Javelin in the offing?

Kirky

A 180 or 185 would do me nicely!  There would certainly be a worthwhile order from me towards minimum production volumes!
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

Skyline2uk

Wagon wise Arbels would probably get my interest, though price point would be key.

I have been looking very hard at the kit from Etched Pixels (good value) so couldn't really justify hundreds on an RTR.

Other car carriers would still be interesting as well.

Skyline2uk

NewbieN

Would also love to see a class 180, would order a couple of those!

I would also like to see a class 800, there is the possibility for plenty of liveries and I really can't see Hornby shrinking their model.

Looking forward to seeing what is coming :-)

dmck123

I feel like a kid on Xmas Eve :).

For what it's worth my guess (or at least what I would buy) is along the lines of plenty of other guesses. A class 90 would give so much scope for different liveries and span a large time window as well as a lot of electrified locations in the UK. I would guess a class 90 would sell better and have more scope than the 92 which they have made work. A 90s running gear could be used at a later date for an 87 (seeing as a 90 is only a bit more than a heavily modified 87 in the real world). Somehow farish seemed to miss this trick. Seeing as the 90s my favourite loco I'm keeping my fingers crossed......:)

A 4car unit would also make a lot of sense to make use of all the less interesting parts of producing a class 321 (packaging, running gear etc.) And I guess something like a 325 or 319 could use the same running gear maybe?? unless they can jump the gun on a 319 and beat farish to production then a 319 wouldn't make sense.

310, 311, 317, 323 anyone? There are also plenty of 4car units on the southern region, most of which I don't know the numbers of :). The possibilities seem endless........... Of course what ever it is will need enough orders to be more than just an exciting dream.

I'm going to float some sort of car transporter out there as a wagon idea. I don't know if there has been much on the market since Lima's efforts that are so old they come with pizza cutters for wheels? Car transporters seem to sell in Europe.

What ever it is that's announced tomorrow, isn't it great that someones making an effort to produce such amazing and interesting n gauge models.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations