Graham Farish Midland Pullmans were they all DCC Ready

Started by Paul-H, September 03, 2018, 01:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-H

Hi all

A quick question I hope

Were all the Midland Pullman Sets made by Bachmann/Graham Farish DCC ready or were the early ones sold DC only.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

NGS-PO

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Stuart Down Under

I also have one from the first batch. DCC ready and working fine! Beautiful model.

Paul-H

Thanks for the fast replies guys

Whats the makers code of the first one

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

NGS-PO

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Paul-H

Stuart Down Under

Karhedron

Or 371-741 for awful "custard dip" version with the yellow fronts.

Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Paul-H

Thanks for all the replies guys, just bought a 371-740

Apart from the Custard Dip was there anything different between the different version, quality or feature wise, are they all driven at both ends, with only one driven set at each end, with space to add sound, or were there any major changes.

With it being driven at both ends how easy did you find speed matching, I will be using Zimo decoders in mine.

Thanks

Paul

Graham

I am using Zimo 622's in mine and have had no problems at all, seems to be very well speed matched.

cheers
Graham

Bramshot

Not very good at gradients, I have found. Track needs regular buffing with a track rubber when everything else runs fine. I have got used to my custard dipped version, which was cheap! Have lit all coaches and power cars. Will add sound sometime in the future.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations