Facebook

Started by Snowwolflair, April 26, 2018, 07:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

I could not resist posting this.

Bob Tidbury

Very good ,but without Facebook I wouldnt have real friends like all those Ive met on the N G Forum page .
But I do take the  point some people do put some absolute rubbish on their posts . Im sure I do sometimes myself.
Bob Tidbury

austinbob

I must admit I was totally anti Facebook up until a few weeks ago until a couple of people on the Forum, who shall be nameless, encouraged me to give it a try.
After a few hiccups I've found it to be very useful. Several N gauge groups to join, a local Farnborough history/nostlagia group and I've rediscovered a number of old friends and aquaintances from the past.
There is a lot of rubbish posted but, like this forum, you don't have to read it all.
Great for keeping in touch with family and friends without leaving the railway room.
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Tank

Like all forums and social websites, you get a lot of waffle, but you also get lots of really interesting items to read.  I'm glad to see you both enjoy Facebook.  It really is what the individual makes of it that makes it a useful website.

The Q

I've had to join basefook because the junior half of my family live on it, even my parents are on it, to keep track of their great grand children.
I only use it for my family, two sailing groups and two railway groups...

njee20

As a complete aside... how is this still in N Gauge Discussion, surely it belongs in Jokes?

Snowwolflair

If only it were a joke  :D

Newportnobby

I'm living proof resistance is not futile and that Facebook has not assimilated me :)

austinbob

A few weeks ago I would have shared the somewhat sceptical views of NN, njee and Snowwolflair. Having now actually tried Facebook, there are some real advantages for the N gauge modeller.
Namely a much more image rich version of NGF and a number of other rather good N gauge modelling groups.   :P
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

You would say that having been assimilated into the collective, Bob :P

Snowwolflair

I'm not sceptical, i'm just aware of what goes on.

My Facebook account has my name ans nothing else.  that allows me to watch Facebook forums, ask the odd question, but consequently i'm useless to Facebook as a customer and there is little they can do to harm me.

Bob Tidbury

I agree with AustinBob its much easier to put photos on and you dont have to post things in the right thread so.in my opinion its a lot better for someone like me.
Bob Tidbury

austinbob

Don't worry NN, this Forum in this form is still my favourite group, even if the tech is a bit older.
That reminds me, I've just scratched a few notes on a slate concerning the calculation of the gauge of Roman cart wheel ruts. Gotta hire an ass to take it to the Roman camp in Basingstoke.   :claphappy:

Bob Austin

Intercity

I'm with NN on this one, never had Failbook, never signed up or even had the desire to sign up, I do understand that the output of such websites/social media is only achieved by what gets put into it, however signing up to so many groups means I lose track and spend more time trawling through groups than doing the things I'm supposed to do (SWMBO chores).

The only one in the family on it is my brother, so no loss there, parents have only just figured out text messages!!!

Btw, I just had my first cup of coffee for the day <———Isn't that the type of thing Facebook is full of?

njee20

Quote from: austinbob on April 27, 2018, 03:10:09 PM
A few weeks ago I would have shared the somewhat sceptical views of NN, njee and Snowwolflair. Having now actually tried Facebook, there are some real advantages for the N gauge modeller.
Namely a much more image rich version of NGF and a number of other rather good N gauge modelling groups.   :P

I'm not sceptical about Facebook at all - I was at uni when it became popular, and it was brilliant. I'm a very passive user, other than a couple of forum pages, but have several hundred 'friends' and use it to keep in touch without ever having to speak to anyone :) Indeed I think it may have been Tank and me suggesting you try it a few weeks back, glad you've stuck it out :-)

I literally meant that this post is a joke, not that Facebook is. It certainly doesn't belong in "N Gauge Discussion" as it is presently.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations