Displaying your collection

Started by Intercity, March 01, 2018, 05:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intercity

In the ideal world we would all have a layout and proudly display our engines and rolling stock on said layout, however the real world is cruel and that's not always an option, for me I was able to convince the wife the cabinets with glass doors would be a perfect place to put a couple of engines, she said yes so I put 101 engines on display....

How do you display your extra engines etc that aren't on the layout

njee20

Three are on the mantle piece, which get rotated periodically, everything else is on the layout or still in its box!

Malc

I wouldn't dare display all my locos. My other half might start asking awkward questions.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: Malc on March 01, 2018, 05:59:25 PM
I wouldn't dare display all my locos. My other half might start asking awkward questions.

Yep. A rather messy box contains lots of cardbox boxes containing quite some locos.. and wagons.
Occassionally a loco and some wagons remain on the testcircle to get SWMBO to tha view of locos...
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

daffy

It is patently obvious from this fine collection that I need some nice cabinets. :thumbsup:

Oh yes, and some more trains to fill them properly as demonstrated above. :D

Now, if I can just arrange for someone to be out each time they're delivered, she might not notice.  ::)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Mito

You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations