SR 4-6-0s

Started by Dorsetmike, February 27, 2018, 06:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

I emailed Farish and Dapol asking "why no SR 4-6-0s?" so far only a reply from Farish "another manufacturer does them in 00 which is a larger market, the development cost of only doing them only for  N gauge could be too high". Presumably the H15 is not considered viable.

It's Hornby that do the N15, S15 and Lord Nelson wonder if they could be persuaded to do them under the Arnold brand? (just emailed that query - watch this space!)

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Bob G

If Dapol can't get motivated to do Bullied pacifics (a sure winner i would have thought) then there's no chance of a 4-6-0 except through DJM or Revolution, and there is no one on Revolution's team interested in steam. UM only do inside framed models, and we have not seen Hornby re-enter the fray after their attempt with the Belle.

I fear we wont be seeing these soon unless you can build a case for Dave Jones to do a crowdfunded 4-6-0.

Bob

exmouthcraig

Which presumably is why 2 or 3 years after Bachmann have released in in OO we get a scaled version in N.

It must be very hard for manufacturers to decide on what to make, revolutioN aren't steam boys so not fussed about making them which is understandable. Dave Jones seems to have many 3d designs but other then drawings never seem to get anywhere towards delivery with them.

And Bob after reading the pain your suffering relating to EMU bodies and the like I think that will be a huge concern to anyone willing to give money to a very small independent company.

I'm over the moon with Farish N but desperately want new rebuilt BoB / WCs. I could justify a couple of S15 but would have to be spectacular to get my money instead of abother farish N

CarriageShed

On the plus side, seeing as Bachmann have done an S&D 7F, we could expect to see it in N in a few years. Not the same wheel arrangement I know, but still something to hope for.

As for 4-6-0s, I'd love an LSWR Paddlebox in post-Urie superheating configuration. I wonder if that's an option for 3D body printing placed on a Farish 4-6-0 chassis...?

Dorsetmike

With the valve gear passing through the footplate I can't see one happening in N gauge
http://www.semgonline.com/steam/t14class_01.html

Just hope Hornby/Arnold have a go at scaling down the N15, S15 or Nelson.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

CarriageShed

Quote from: Dorsetmike on February 28, 2018, 09:54:05 PM
With the valve gear passing through the footplate I can't see one happening in N gauge
http://www.semgonline.com/steam/t14class_01.html

No, I was looking at that yesterday with an eye to getting a 3D body print onto something like a Peco Jubilee. It would certainly require some compromise over the cylinders. I'm looking into getting a 3D watercart tender body done, though. That would be progress of a sort if it happens.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations