Away for a day - or 2

Started by Dorsetmike, January 24, 2018, 06:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

Off to hospital at 7 am for a bit of surgery, to try and restore my voice back to normal instead of the current whisper or croak; scheduled for an overnight stay.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

daveg

Too late to wish you well before you went off but hope all goes/went well and you're back in full voice very soon.

Dave G

RailGooner

Hope all goes well Mike. :heart: And hope Mrs Mike has her earplugs ready! :D

weave

Hi Mike,

Will be thinking of you. I've got an ankle op with overnight stay on Monday and dreading no food and then THE food.

You're probably not allowed proper food for a bit but maybe loads of lovely Dorset ice cream?

Likewise, hope all goes well. Take care.

Cheers weave  :beers:

bluedepot

joe cassidy

I imagine you had to fast before the operation so I hope they let you eat again soon after.

Get well soon!

Joe

Bob Tidbury

Best wishes Mike hope everything goes to plan .
Bob Tidbury

Zogbert Splod

"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Newportnobby

Quote from: weave on January 24, 2018, 08:31:33 AM
maybe loads of lovely Dorset ice cream?

When I had my tonsils out ice cream was the done thing, but some years later they decided the healing process was quicker by 'roughing' it up so toast, cornflakes and similar became the rule.

By the time you're back reading this, Mike, I hope all went well and you'll be giving the town crier a run for his money ;D

daffy

Best wishes Mike, and leave that nurse alone! :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

David Asquith

Best Wishes Mike, and Weave.  Dave

Hailstone

Best wishes Mike

Regards,

Alex

Jerry Howlett

By the time you read this , I hope you are feeling recovered.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

JohnN

Best wishes Mike. Hope it all goes smoothly and you and your voice are back soon.  :)

Dorsetmike

Turned into a bit of a let down, they said my temperature was up so no general anaesthetic, instead just a biopsy sample taken under local, all done by one of them up yer nose scopes with attached scraper to get a sample. so no overnight stay necessary, but back in 3 weeks or so for results and decision on further surgery, So I'm still in whisper or croak mode.

Mrs Mike passed back in 2008  so I can do what I like.

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations