!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Graham Farish New Product Announcement - 2018 Full List  (Read 9365 times)

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
    • Awards
Re: Graham Farish New Product Announcement - 2018 Full List
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2018, 10:03:04 pm »
I was assuming that at that price it not only had lighting but a buffet trolley that trundled to and fro and a ticket collector struggling to get past the trolley.

:laugh3:
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline Vonzack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20933
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2018, 09:08:57 am »
I would hope we'll see lighting in the Mk2 DBSOs, the pre-order prices weren't cheap to start off with and they as near as dammit just doubled.

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2018, 12:25:09 pm »
Yes, definitely head/tail lights in the DBSOs, they're no different to a DVT in that respect. Was thinking more about the intermediate coaches with lighting provision.

The OO gauge ones look great - video here showing the effects. Won't post it inline as it's OO! The tail lamp looks great, be good to get that in N, Revolution are proving it can be done after all!

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2018, 12:31:58 pm »
Yes, definitely head/tail lights in the DBSOs, they're no different to a DVT in that respect. Was thinking more about the intermediate coaches with lighting provision.

The OO gauge ones look great - video here showing the effects. Won't post it inline as it's OO! The tail lamp looks great, be good to get that in N, Revolution are proving it can be done after all!

I am a sucker for push-pull trains so will need to have a DBSO. Some basic lighting functions would suffice, but with the new higher price would be happy with whatever they can squeeze on top of that.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2018, 12:58:12 pm »
I have to say I'm not a fan of Dapol's lighting bars, the white is too cold, the yellow is too yellow, and they're both far too bright. They need to do a warm white that's half the brightness, more like those Bachmann ones.

Still, we've no reason to think there's going to be fitted lighting to the mk2s, provision would make sense, but we've not seen it in their Mk1s or any other coach or MU yet, so I'm doubtful, even if it would go some way to justifying the price rise.

Offline JonHarbour

• N Gauge Society Number: 18965
  • 2mm Association Number: 4667
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2018, 11:23:06 am »
Quite a lot to like in there for me.

The green 31 with Next 18 and speaker fitted - easy sound install. Even if the particular loco D5616 was assigned to the ER not WR...
Three car 108 with DCC sound fitted - yes please!
The maroon Hawksworths - will definitely be interested in those, but would like some additional blood & custard ones to complete a full rake. Four isn't enough...
The chocolate & cream mark ones - can never have too many of those!
A few of the usual wagon suspects....
Can't quite get myself across the line with the ex Midland Blue Pullman in grey / blue...tempting though...
The green class 47 - tempting... haven't got any of those. Yet....

Could be an expensive year....
Still planning a layout...

Offline davidinyork

• Awards
« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2018, 04:41:05 pm »
Nothing for me I'm afraid, no FGW/GWR 158 or Mk3 sleepers. For some reason they are producing a Class 57 GWR which is a waste of time with no coaches to go with it. They did the same when they produced the FGW version, the only good side to that was they did not sell very well and I got one brand new from a box shifter for 55. If the same thing happens again I will buy one, if not my money is going on the Dapol DRS 68 and GWR HST.

Fair point. I actually think they'd have been better to do 57604 in the GWR lined livery - that would have had a longer time-frame (it's had that livery through both the FGW blue and current GW green livery phases, and has recently been repainted retaining the same livery), plus it would have been of interest to some (me included) as it's a nice livery. As for the standard, GW green, don't think I'll bother.

They do have all the artwork for 57604 as it's been done in OO gauge.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here
anything