Laughed 'til I cried

Started by TrevL, January 01, 2018, 02:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

Just finished watching on the Beeb "A Christmas Carol Gone Wrong"
Actually had tears in my eyes for laughing so much.
Hapless am/dram group hijack BBC's A Christmas Carol with Derek Jacoby and turn it into mayhem
Inspired!
I'm guessing it may be on I-player or even Youtube, check it out if you want a laugh.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

austinbob

Twas a very amusing break from the endless Xmas repeats and no hope Xmas films.
:) :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Steve.T

I watched this when it was first aired earlier in the Christmas period.
Unfortunately I just did not find it remotely funny and eventually turned over to watch Dad Army (which obviously had been repeated many times).

It has had reasonably good reviews and so seemed to appeal to quite an audience so I guess I must just be a miserable so and so, bah humbug and all that.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

austinbob

I doubt you're miserable Steve. Its amazing what seems funny after a few glasses of your favourite tipple.
Hicc...  :D :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Steve.T

Quote from: austinbob on January 01, 2018, 03:21:52 PM
I doubt you're miserable Steve. Its amazing what seems funny after a few glasses of your favourite tipple.
Hicc...  :D :beers:

So very true :beers:

Steve

dannyboy

Quote from: Steve.T on January 01, 2018, 02:51:18 PM

Unfortunately I just did not find it remotely funny

I have to agree with Steve, I found it so unfunny that I also turned to another channel. Fortunately, we all have different tastes which is what makes life interesting.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Steve.T

Quote from: dannyboy on January 01, 2018, 05:46:55 PM
I have to agree with Steve, I found it so unfunny that I also turned to another channel. Fortunately, we all have different tastes which is what makes life interesting.  :beers:

Also so very true.

One of the reasons I appreciate this forum so much is that we all have different tastes and opinions yet I rarely see anyone putting others down just because they have a different point of view. I have been on many other forums where mods have had to shut threads down as they have become quite heated but almost never happens here.
Long may it continue  :beers:
:NGF:

Steve

Newportnobby

I watched it and though I didn't have tears running down my legs I was snickering through much it, which says a lot in the sea of mediocrity called Christmas viewing.
Then again, I sniggered a lot at Vic & Bob's Night Out but some don't like them.
It would certainly be boring if we all liked the same thing.

The Q

Another one here who thinks it was total tripe, though I didn't stay watching it long...

njee20

Not seen this, but I've seen the cast in The Play that Goes Wrong and Peter Pan Goes Wrong, both of which I found hilarious, but they are real slapstick comedy, and all very obvious. If that's not your thing I can see it grating. Very funny at the theatre because of all of the stuff they can do off stage, with the audience, technical crew etc.

TrevL

Quote from: njee20 on January 01, 2018, 07:01:47 PM
Not seen this, but I've seen the cast in The Play that Goes Wrong and Peter Pan Goes Wrong, both of which I found hilarious, but they are real slapstick comedy, and all very obvious. If that's not your thing I can see it grating. Very funny at the theatre because of all of the stuff they can do off stage, with the audience, technical crew etc.

Glad to hear that, just booked tickets to "The Play" when it comes to Mold in April.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Railwaygun

Quote from: Steve.T on January 01, 2018, 05:52:52 PM
Quote from: dannyboy on January 01, 2018, 05:46:55 PM

Also so very true.

One of the reasons I appreciate this forum so much is that we all have different tastes and opinions yet I rarely see anyone putting others down just because they have a different point of view. I have been on many other forums where mods have had to shut threads down as they have become quite heated but almost never happens here.
Long may it continue  :beers:
:NGF:

NOt never?

Well hardly ever...

( c/o G&S)
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

daffy

Watched this and found it lacking compared to their Peter Pan of last year. Bits were very funny but overall it seemed to be trying too hard.

At least New Years Eve had the benefit of the entire last series of The Dectorists on BBC4. I may be alone in this, but as far as the normal programming fare is concerned on the main channels, every New Years Eve feels a little like Groundhog Day to me.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations