Graham Farish Class 40 With Sound

Started by RonDB, December 21, 2017, 04:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonDB

Surprise surprise 24hrs after cancelling pre orders Hattons now say they stock available.

Railbank

:) Rails of Sheffield advised today that mine is on its way - so assume this will arrive next week - happy days.

Shropshire Lad

I picked mine up earlier but given that I won't be home from work until getting on for 11 tonight I think my wife would probably prefer me to test it in the morning!

scottmitchell74

Yeah, suddenly Hatton's has them again. I emailed them, and they processed the order. Woo!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Bingley Hall

Quote from: PaulCheffus on December 22, 2017, 09:28:25 AM
Quote from: scottmitchell74 on December 21, 2017, 11:14:43 PM
Grr!!

So I've had this on preorder forever, and Hattons just says, "Sorry, too bad." And that's it for me? What now?

Hi

Just one the reasons I don't preorder with Hattons anymore.

Cheers

Paul
Because Farish short change them on supply.

yeah makes sense  :D

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Bingley Hall on December 24, 2017, 06:37:55 AM
Quote from: PaulCheffus on December 22, 2017, 09:28:25 AM
Quote from: scottmitchell74 on December 21, 2017, 11:14:43 PM
Grr!!

So I've had this on preorder forever, and Hattons just says, "Sorry, too bad." And that's it for me? What now?

Hi

Just one the reasons I don't preorder with Hattons anymore.

Cheers

Paul
Because Farish short change them on supply.

yeah makes sense  :D

Hi

Nope because they let people down not because they don't get enough from the manufacturer. Their customer service has gone down hill.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

davidinyork

Quote from: PaulCheffus on December 24, 2017, 08:42:11 AM
Nope because they let people down not because they don't get enough from the manufacturer. Their customer service has gone down hill.
So how do you expect them to supply something which they don't have? If they have ordered say 200 and the supplier only sends 100, what do you think they should do?

PaulCheffus

Quote from: davidinyork on December 24, 2017, 11:19:35 AM
Quote from: PaulCheffus on December 24, 2017, 08:42:11 AM
So how do you expect them to supply something which they don't have? If they have ordered say 200 and the supplier only sends 100, what do you think they should do?

Hi

It's all down to the way it's dealt with and their attitude isn't the best. I speak from personal experience.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Pete @ EGLM

I found one in the nearest model shop to me (Berkshire Dolls House in Twyford) whilst doing some last minute shopping (at our local vineyard!)
I've only run it on DC as I'm old fashioned.  It is awesome. It just sits and iwhistles away to itself, turn up the controller and it accelerates away, slow down and it coasts along, whistling away.
Be warned, I don't think there is any going back.....

Happy Christmas everyone.

Pete @ EGLM

RichardBattersby

I emailed Hattons, they're not getting anymore. I'm shocked by how quickly the big players seem to have sold out. Is this normal for popular models or have Farish not made very many? I managed to get one from Model Railways Direct. I can't wait to give it go!
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

davidinyork

Quote from: RichardBattersby on December 26, 2017, 05:36:44 PM
I emailed Hattons, they're not getting anymore. I'm shocked by how quickly the big players seem to have sold out. Is this normal for popular models or have Farish not made very many? I managed to get one from Model Railways Direct. I can't wait to give it go!

The fact that it's the first N gauge loco with factory-fitted sound, a new tooling, and the first 40 with splitbox noses (the old tooling didn't have this variant) is probably why they sold out so quick!

JBQFC

Quote from: Pete @ EGLM on December 26, 2017, 01:34:09 AM
I found one in the nearest model shop to me (Berkshire Dolls House in Twyford) whilst doing some last minute shopping (at our local vineyard!)
I've only run it on DC as I'm old fashioned.  It is awesome. It just sits and iwhistles away to itself, turn up the controller and it accelerates away, slow down and it coasts along, whistling away.

Pete @ EGLM

i agree i only run DC and it's great i always thought sound was a bit of a gimmick but have now changed my mind

John

Railwaygun

Quote from: JBQFC on December 26, 2017, 07:47:35 PM
Quote from: Pete @ EGLM on December 26, 2017, 01:34:09 AM

Pete @ EGLM

i agree i only run DC and it's great i always thought sound was a bit of a gimmick but have now changed my mind

John

Welcome to the Dark Side!
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

dannyboy

Quote from: Railwaygun on December 26, 2017, 08:04:35 PM

Welcome to the Dark Side!

So as well as sound, you need an engine equipped with lights!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

bluedepot

Driver training with the new type of traction (and the first loco ever with brakes) is underway...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations