Merry Christmas to all

Started by trkilliman, December 12, 2017, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plainline.

marco neri

Hi all,
You can only imagine here Italian food, wine and sweets on tihs day...   :claphappy:

Marco

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Delboy

Merry Xmas to all on the Forum.
Now off to help prepare dinner. No chance, I am off to the pub with the mate at 12 noon. The girls can sort it out. We'll just help them eat it. ;) :food:
Best Wishes
Dennis.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Dorsetmike

Tried to have a lie in this morning only to be disturbed by thumps and bangs from the flat upstairs - they are supposedly refurbishing it, they've been at it on and off for over 6 weeks retiled the kitchen, installed new units, similar in bathroom, took out night storage heaters, replaced carpets through out.

I managed to doze for just over an hour then gave up. They're now dragging fuurniture about.

Got a frozen turkey breast to go in the oven later, only me to cater for, - just another day. Still, there's no reason not to playt trains
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

johnlambert

Wishing everyone on here a very merry Christmas. It has been great reading everyone's seasonal messages on this thread.

joe cassidy

I'm waiting for my girlfriend to arrive.

The champagne's on ice, the pheasant's out of the oven. My sons have made a special effort to get up early.

rogerdB

Quote from: Tank on December 24, 2017, 08:54:46 PM
I look forward to seeing what Father Christmas brings some of you.
Probably not the sort of thing you're expecting!:

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: Dorsetmike on December 25, 2017, 11:46:00 AM
Tried to have a lie in this morning only to be disturbed by thumps and bangs from the flat upstairs - they are supposedly refurbishing it, they've been at it on and off for over 6 weeks retiled the kitchen, installed new units, similar in bathroom, took out night storage heaters, replaced carpets.............
I know it so well...  You have all my sympathy Mike. Hope you had a good day despite it all.....
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

guest311

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on December 25, 2017, 09:58:32 PM
Quote from: Dorsetmike on December 25, 2017, 11:46:00 AM
Tried to have a lie in this morning only to be disturbed by thumps and bangs from the flat upstairs - they are supposedly refurbishing it, they've been at it on and off for over 6 weeks retiled the kitchen, installed new units, similar in bathroom, took out night storage heaters, replaced carpets.............
I know it so well...  You have all my sympathy Mike. Hope you had a good day despite it all.....

perhaps give it another three quarters of an hour, and a few wee drams, then dig out that CD of bagpipes, turn up the volume, put in your earplugs, and press PLAY :-)

revenge is SWEET>

JasonBz

Almost too late as always!
But
Happy Christmas to you all :)

Zuma

Still Christmas here in the US of A whilst most of you are sound asleep, so hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that you enjoy your Boxing Day. Best invention ever but the heathens around here don't know what that is, so for us here, it is just another day...........

marco neri

:hellosign:
Curiosity....
Today...during the Boxing Day..in UK shops are open or closed?
Here only "malls" are open

Happy Boxing Day to all

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

weave

Hi Marco,

Happy Boxing Day to you (never said that before).

I think everything was open today, certainly our local village shop was.

Big day of football as well.

Even the nearest garage 2 miles away, but not on a main highway, was open yesterday (thank god as I'd run out of cigarettes) and it has a Marks and Spencers mini foodhall in it.

Nearest proper town is 6 miles away so we are very lucky in our sort of rural community.

This is Hampshire. Probably different in other parts of the UK.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations