!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: RoS on request  (Read 376 times)

Offline Intercity

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
RoS on request
« on: November 05, 2017, 05:55:25 pm »
I just placed an order on Rails for some Virgin Mk3s, 5 of them are in stock and 1 is ďavailable on requestĒ, coach 12135 is the on request one, I read this to mean they donít have it in stock but do have an available source, so my questions are:

Has anyone had experience with on request items, have you placed a request and ended up not being able to get the item.

Does it usually result in the order waiting for all item before shipping or two separate deliveries (does this result in extra postage)

Hoping this order goes as smooth as the last one (no complaints yet)
Support crowdfunding - itís the way forward

Revolutions class 321 needs your help, letís make it happen.

Offline RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: RoS on request
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 06:09:40 pm »
I've never ordered a 'not in stock, available on request' item from Rails. Though I have ordered 'in stock' items from them, only to be informed that due to inventory errors some items can't be located in stock, will have to be ordered, and asked whether I'd prefer split shipments or a delayed single shipment. Whenever presented with that choice, I've always elected for delayed single shipment.

So not the same situation as you describe IC, but some similarity I think - and so some help I hope. :beers:
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 07:14:18 pm »
I ordered some Dapol wagons that were available 'on request' from RoS and they were sent to me direct from Dapol.
It was the whole order, though, so I can't answer the bit about 2 lots of postage.

Offline Intercity

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 04:19:33 pm »
Just an update on the order and process, I ordered on Nov 5th with one item listed as available on request, I got an update that the entire order shipped on Nov 16th and it arrived today Nov 27th.

Although it seems to be a lengthy time for the whole process I did expect that (rails to gather all required items and customs to do their thing).

The package was superbly packed and it needed to be signed for before getting into my hands, all in all a very happy customer (with a new rake of VT MK3s) and next payday will be doing the whole thing all over again.

Online Phoenix

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 05:42:28 pm »
Hi there,

I have an order with Rails which I placed last Friday. It was for some scenic bits and pieces, and some little people.

I got an e-mail today saying the scenic items have been dispatched, and the figures will be sent as soon as they get them in.

Only one postage amount has been taken. I have always had superb service from rails, and if I call them on the phone about an item, they have been very helpful and efficient.

An excellent company  :thumbsup:

Offline Intercity

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 05:40:50 am »
Another quick update, I have put in several more orders, again some had on request items, and again the orders were fulfilled without problems, I received emails to say the orders were received, and when they were shipped, being International sales I wasnít able to track the progress, but as service has been good I donít really worry too much about it, it should be noted the wait from placing the order to recieving the package can be 2 to 3 weeks (possibly more if they need to wait for items).

My latest order is for Grampus wagons, this order had Dutch livery wagons in it and they were listed as request items, Rails emailed me to let me know they were out of production and out of stock, they automatically zeroed out that part of the order and adjusted the cart price, they also mentioned I could add other items to the order to replace the ones they canít get, so I asked for some black wagons to be added, they did this quickly and it showed that day in my order invoice.

Still a very happy Rails customer, and will certainly continue to trade with them.

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything