!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Wrenton  (Read 12184 times)

Offline rogerdB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27380
    • Awards
Re: Wrenton
« Reply #345 on: December 02, 2017, 11:31:19 pm »
I've made a couple more signals. You'll have to look closely to spot one of them!

A Ratio kit provides the down home signal and a ground signal controls the exit from the refuge siding, where a Midland 4F waits for an A4 to pass by.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #346 on: December 02, 2017, 11:37:45 pm »
That's great! Does the ground signal work, Roger, or cosmetic?  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #347 on: December 02, 2017, 11:39:47 pm »
Another nice pic, I have two 4f's which I plan on weathering eventually has well has renumbering. Have you thought of changing the couplings to another type. I plan on doing some shunting so I am planning on using D&G couplings or B&B couplings which are slightly easier to build, both look better than the standard rapido coupling and less intrusive.
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Offline Train Waiting

• Awards
« Reply #348 on: December 03, 2017, 08:46:23 am »
Thank you, Roger, for another excellent* photograph.

The signals are splendid, particularly the little 'Tommy Dot'.

All best wishes.

John

* Sorry; I am running out of superlatives to describe your modelling and photography.
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

Offline RichardBattersby

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22678
  • 2mm Association Number: 5151
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #349 on: December 03, 2017, 09:04:58 am »
Truly inspiring work, thank you.  :goggleeyes: :o :goggleeyes: :greatpicturessign:
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Offline w greatbatch

• N Gauge Society Number: 14199
    • Awards
« Reply #350 on: December 03, 2017, 10:12:19 am »
Mmmmm... more eye candy  :D

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #351 on: December 03, 2017, 09:39:44 pm »
That's great! Does the ground signal work, Roger, or cosmetic?  :thumbsup:

I think we need a 'tongue in cheek' emoji for questions like that, George!! None of the signals are working - perhaps a project for the future. Making the non-working ground signals was fiddly enough, and they're very crude. A bit of 40thou square plastikard for the post. A 2.5mm length of 30thou rod with the top rounded off to suggest the lamp. A 2.5mm diameter disc of 10thou cut in the Silhouette machine. And an operating lever cut from 20thou. The one in the photo is actually 10thou, but I thought it's too fragile and switched to 20thou for this batch. I made more than I needed so that I could chose the best ones to put on the layout.

Another nice pic, I have two 4f's which I plan on weathering eventually has well has renumbering. Have you thought of changing the couplings to another type. I plan on doing some shunting so I am planning on using D&G couplings or B&B couplings which are slightly easier to build, both look better than the standard rapido coupling and less intrusive.

I haven't summoned up enough courage to weather a loco yet, Chris. So the 4F was bought from TMC and weathered by them. I've been happy with all the locos I've had from them.

I have thought about using different couplings on a few wagons so that some shunting could be done in the goods yard. All the options look a bit fiddly, though, so perhaps another job that's going to be put on hold for a while!

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2017, 10:38:03 pm »
A bit more weathering done.

Like the cattle wagons this was a set of three factory weathered models. I reduced the rust colour on the chassis with some washes of roof dirt and weathered black and added some sleeper grime, frame and roof dirt to the tanks.

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #353 on: Yesterday at 11:03:01 pm »
This afternoon's photo.

A train of vans and conflats waits for a passenger train to pass on the down line. Meanwhile a J39 with a short mixed goods train waits for the up passenger train to pass. So, question. Should there be another signal controlling the up main beside the B17 and where the exit from the goods loop joins the main line? Or would that junction be controlled by the starter signal at the end of the platform, just out of shot to the left.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything