!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol Class 68 DCC Sound Fitted  (Read 494 times)

Online Kaian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26669
    • Awards
Dapol Class 68 DCC Sound Fitted
« on: August 10, 2017, 06:31:34 pm »
I got a product update email from Hattons earlier today, it looks like Dapol have announced a sound fitted version of each Class 68 livery as well as dc and dcc fitted.

I am hoping more new models will start coming out sound fitted as I am sure feeling like I need them all to be now so many crowdfunded models I have on order will be.

Is this a first for dapol  on factory fitted sound?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:33:02 pm by Kaian »
Craig

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Dapol Class 68 DCC Sound Fitted
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 08:52:10 pm »
For a diesel maybe, Farish have had Nunney Castle out for a while.

Offline Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:25:01 am »
I'm pretty sure it is a first for Dapol. Other than the Farish Castle, the only other British sound factory fitted model i am aware of is the Farish Class 108 DMU.

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:05:51 am »
Agreed, first Dapol offering with factory sound. Given their 66 is a bit of a lightweight (literally). I wonder if they'll manage to keep the 68 heavy enough. They need a chassis made of dark matter or something.

Offline pauliebanger

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 09:53:32 am »
I'm pretty sure it is a first for Dapol. Other than the Farish Castle, the only other British sound factory fitted model i am aware of is the Farish Class 108 DMU.

Farish released the first UK R-T-R factory sound fitted with the Class 108, followed up with the Castle and the Class 40 diesel which has not only been 'announced', it is scheduled to be in the shops in a month or so.

Whilst this might be the first N gauge sound fitted model by Dapol (and that might well be what the OP's question releated to) it's not a first for UK models, diesel or otherwise. 

Another point worth asking. What will be the premium for sound fitted models. Dapol sound fitted models in other gauges have been expensive compared to the DC model plus cost of sound decoder.

The Farish Class 40, on the other hand, is priced at 209 (before discounts), that's only 70 more than the basic DC model (139). The price of the decoder alone is 90, so this is a bit of a bargain. (Not much use if you want a Class 68, though. LOL).

Kind regards,

Paul
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:55:25 am by pauliebanger »

Online Kaian

• N Gauge Society Number: 26669
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 10:13:54 am »
Yes my question was specifically to Dapol, I know Bachmann have been a bit quicker off the mark. On hattons the model for sound is 243 ish, which is 125 more than DC and 102 more than DCC fitted. It does not seem to bad considering there is much less hassle.
Craig

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 10:26:16 am »
Yes, apologies, I read it as "is this a first (in the industry) for Dapol", not "is this a first for Dapol".

Agreed, pricing isn't too horrific, wonder what decoder they'll use. They use LegoManBiffo sounds in OO don't they? Seem well regarded.

Offline bmwm4rkym4rk

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 09:25:19 am »
I saw a mention of the price of a zimo sound decoder being 90 yes this is true but if they are to keep up with the euro market they need to start dropping the price as the european sound chip by doehler & haass are 62 each being that 99% of uk sound are key locked they have the monopoly to charge what they want eventhough the chip only cost 20 to make now

Offline Paul-H

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 01:13:25 pm »
Given how quickly the Farish Castle sold out and has even been removed from their online catalogue I wonder how few models they actually made in that production run, and given as to how quickly it sold why have they not done a second production run as it was obviously very popular with the few customers that managed to get one

I see their 8F with sound is due soon so better find someone taking advance orders if I want one, anyone know which dealers take advance orders and actually supply their customers.

Thanks

Paul

Offline bmwm4rkym4rk

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 06:21:03 pm »
Yes try colletts models exmouth he deos advanced orders and a payment plan also on facebook

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything