Missing signatures

Started by Yet_Another, July 13, 2017, 07:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

Just a quick heads up.

@colpatben observed that his signature had disappeared, and I noticed that I couldn't see any, either. As others were able to see them, I thought I'd look in my profile, and sure enough, 'do not show signatures' (and 'do not show avatars') was ticked. I didn't do this, so 'something' has automatically updated my profile.

I've unticked the boxes, and all is now visible.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Webbo

Thanks for that. I'd noticed that my signature and those of others had disappeared. And like you, I found that the show signature box had been unticked by person or machine unknown.

Bealman

Wasn't me, and I suspect none of the mods either.

Must be a software glitch. We'll look at it.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

njee20

Dammit, I was keeping quiet about that!

Can we limit the size of signatures? A few folk (no one to have posted here) have signatures that are far longer than anything they ever post, makes threads annoying to read, when 95% of the text is just signature!

colpatben

Quote from: njee20 on July 13, 2017, 10:54:21 AM

Can we limit the size of signatures? A few folk (no one to have posted here) have signatures that are far longer than anything they ever post, makes threads annoying to read, when 95% of the text is just signature!

Just don't read below the line that preceeds the signature then you won't get annoyed.
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Yet_Another

You could just tick the "don't show signatures" box.  :thumbsup:
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

njee20

It's when you get a conversation between two with mega signatures it's annoying! I see there is a 1,000 character limit, but if 990 of those are line spaces it still screws the page up! More annoying on mobile admittedly. Maybe I should use mobile view :)

njee20

Quote from: Yet_Another on July 13, 2017, 11:14:07 AM

You could just tick the "don't show signatures" box.  :thumbsup:

Where is it?  Can't find that. I thought it was people showing their own signature :dunce:

Bealman

Many things under the line are links to the owner's layout, or other useful links.

Most of the time, I don't bother with it, but occasionally when  I do, I'm usually pleasantly surprised by the content and convenience.

Just start browsing another thread of your choice.

There's nowt wrong with the signature line.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

Ones that are a few lines long, a simple quote, a link, no issue whatsoever. But a couple of members that I can think of have an essay there.

I'm not going to avoid threads where they post, what a helpful suggestion! ::)

I also don't like being told "there's nothing wrong", as you've done multiple times. Hugely patronising.

Tank

I increased the character limit some time back so that I could have a lovely HTML table in my signature, to neaten it up and not take up space.  However, some members have got some rather large signatures to which we'll address by asking them to reduce. :o

Yet_Another

Quote from: njee20 on July 13, 2017, 11:19:23 AM

Where is it?  Can't find that. I thought it was people showing their own signature :dunce:
Profile > Modify Profile > Look & Layout
Tony

njee20

Wehay, job jobbed. Thank you. No need for anything to change to satisfy my whim now!

That said, a short signature does often contain useful info, so 'trimming' the longer ones may be better.

njee20

Awesome, that's my sole grievance. Thank you gents.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations