!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Linked Events

• Longfield Model Railway Exhibition 2018: January 27, 2018 - January 28, 2018

Author Topic: Longfield Model Railway Exhibition 2018  (Read 472 times)

Offline Invicta Informant

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Longfield Model Railway Exhibition 2018
« on: April 19, 2017, 03:33:45 pm »
Longfield Model Railway Exhibition 2018.

Saturday 27th January 2018 (10:00am to 5:00pm) & Sunday 28th January 2018 (10:00am to 4:00pm).

The Longfield Academy, Main Road (B260), Longfield, Kent, DA3 7PH.

Adults: £8.00. Concessions: £7.00. Children (5-16): £3.00. Family (2+2): £20.00. Children Under 5: Free. Entry price includes free exhibition guide.

The Erith Model Railway Society's annual January show, one of South East England's largest shows (and probably Kent’s largest by stand numbers), will return to The Longfield Academy for our 3rd show there.

The show will encompass at least 30 layouts, extensive trade and society support, demonstrators (including the club's Foxley Service Centre - Loco Diagnostics & Cleaning Service), static exhibits & charity raffle, making over 100 stands in total.

Please check our website for further details (directions, layouts attending, etc.).

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/erithmrs/exhibit_january.php

Thank You.

NB: Charity Raffle – In aid of the Association of Bexley Charities ’78.

The venue can be reached by Longfield railway station (5-10 minute walk away), Arriva bus services 423 (from Dartford and Bluewater) and 489 (from Gravesend), and Go-Coach bus services 433 (Sunday only), 474 and 475 (all three from Bluewater) and 489 (Sunday only) (from Gravesend). The buses stop at Longfield St. Marys Way, Longfield Brickfields Farm and/or Longfield Railway Station. All stops are 5-10 minute walk from the venue. Some services may stop at Longfield Academy itself. There are no Sunday services for the 423, 474 and 475 routes.

There is a sizeable free on-site car park, full disabled access (including toilets), a large refreshment area (300+ seats) and an extensive range of hot and cold food and drinks at reasonable prices.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:24:57 pm by Invicta Informant, Reason: The bus routes to the venue have changed »

Offline AdrianC

• Awards
Re: Longfield Model Railway Exhibition 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 10:35:08 pm »
Another great show this year. Had a great chat with Andy on the Hatch End layout (thanks for a pile of tips regarding all sorts of stuff).
Some great layouts (Hatch End obviously, James Street, Lyme Regis, Bramleigh and Umbridge. In fact all the N gauge layouts were good, but my 8yr old budding n gauger won't stand at the smaller ones for too long, he's still in watch-the-trains-go-by mode.
And for the other scales, Watt Estate was clever and I liked Ventnor too.
Well done to all the organisers, looking forward to next year already  :thumbsup:

Offline Hailstone

• N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:18:42 am »
This is always a good show, but this year it was exceptional with a number of very nice N gauge layouts topped by the stunning James street, at which I spent quite some time, I have to say that it is a credit to the Steve Wright, who has spent 17 years building it - I have been working on my little (compared to his!) layout for 14 years and have nothing like as much to show for it.

Regards,

Alex

Offline Paul-H

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 10:08:59 pm »
James street was one of the best layouts I have ever seen, can't believe it been 17 years in the making it all looked do fresh, and did you see the single class 37/40 pulling about 60 wagons.

The rest of The show was excellent as well with many well built n-gauge layouts on show and a good mix of traders as well, only bought one loco this time though, a new Dapol 33 and when I got the body off to fit the decoder it had one of the pickup wires disconnected and it was actually to short to have ever been connected, not a good sign Mr Dapol. Still it a nice runner now it's fixed,

Paul

Offline grid078

• N Gauge Society Number: 11150
    • Suffolk and North Essex area group of the N-Gauge Society
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 10:23:28 pm »
Glad to have seen some of the forum members today while operating James St.
@Paul-H it was actually a peak and finally managed 72 coal wagons, there maybe video footage to follow.

Finally a big thank you to all the Erith crew for there hard work and support and also to the catering team, the food was excellent.

Regards Stuart

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 11:54:31 pm »
Agree with all the positive comments. Chatted to the James Street and Hatch End crews.

All good fun.

James Street may be the best N gauge layout I've ever seen, and I've been modelling in N since 1971...

Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Offline Southerngooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 24642
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 07:26:33 am »
Thanks for all the positive comments regarding James Street, I think Steve deserves every bit of praise for his dedication in designing and building such an impressive (and fun to operate!) layout.

We used to have a bit of fun on the last afternoon of a show when we were on the road with Lynford Junction and I thought it would be good to bring it back yesterday. Sadly there were no steam locos to take on the long coal train (the 9F did OK with the original 35 wagons but was close to the limit) but the Peak did well. The biggest problem was coupler failure, which happened a few times, but it did look and impressive train....... We got to three 37's and 135 wagons on Lynford so you'll have to come and see us at future shows to see if we can beat that!

Thanks to all the forum members who made contact and gave such kind comments, they are all really appreciated.

Thanks also to the Erith club, who put on a good show and treated us exhibitors very well. Everyone was so kind and helpful which made it a very pleasant experience. Thanks also to the club members who voted us Best in Show, a real honour.

I'm sitting in Stansted airport waiting for our flight home, and buzzing with the thought of the Bristol show in May....

Dave

Offline martyn

• N Gauge Society Number: 5720
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 12:06:36 pm »
Dave;

we should have put one of my Union Mills J39 on the coal......

We also had a Dapol 'Britannia' with about 45 mixed wagons on when  we were clearing up stock from the yards-it also looked very impressive, but that was at the death of the show.

Thanks again to Paul and the host club members for an excellent show and looking after us.

Martyn

Offline Graham

• N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 04:58:52 am »
This was my 3rd visit to this exhibition and the 3rd different location. A great show, well run and some fantastic layouts.
The N gauge layouts appeared to outnumber all the others put together, and apart from TINGS a couple of years ago was the most number of layouts I have seen in a single show.
In particular i wanted to mention the West Sussex group who i chatted to a number of the team operating the layouts, the team from Hatch End who showed me the construction of the APT and of course the team from James St. who i spent a long time chatting to and who had my great nephew controlling a train. thanks heaps.

cheers
Graham

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations

Advertise Here
anything