!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Quiet here.. time for a plan update  (Read 381 times)

Offline grumbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Quiet here.. time for a plan update
« on: April 04, 2017, 10:54:02 am »
Well,

My impending move back to Canada means my layout it being dismantled but to deal with the pain I've decided I need to do something creative.  Aaaaand I'm in a 'Japanese trains are my favourite' mood, aaaand I'm thinking when I build a new layout after the move I'll have less space so something modular would work where I can 'plug-in' different country modules when I feel like it. So.. I'm building a standard single japanese t-track module. 

Its a bit early for photos (I just cut the wood, have to assemble) and I have the buildings I want, just a simple 'next to the tracks suburban scene' so I've been zooming around rail-lines in google earth trying to find typical configurations.

I did find one thing totally by accident I'm going to incorporate, and that's a kaleidoscope shop as my wife collects them.. It was on a tiny street facing the tracks in the middle of a block of houses on the Sanyo mainline somewhere in the Hiroshima prefecture (I took a screenshot to get the signage but forgot exactly where it is!! ack)

So with luck some pictures soon.. I figure this t-track thing might work for me as I never get things finished and they are small!

Graham

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12216
  • 2mm Association Number: 4949
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Kanjiyama -JR Eastern in the Springtime
    • Awards
Re: Quiet here.. time for a plan update
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 11:00:39 pm »
HobbySearch have a Nagomi set in stock.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10198617

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 07:41:35 am »
Hey Herzel,

Well I've done some more work on my t-track module and have to say I think it's the way to go.  It feels like fun again, and achievable.  That Nagomi set is beautiful, I hope you manage to get one.

As for poor British offerings, I think it's a mixed bag.  I have some great Farish and Dapol locos.  My best runners are probably some of my North American stuff but to be fair almost all my collection runs great (Canadian, Japanese, European and British.. over 100 locos and trains now).  I think that while there are some issues, people just like to complain.

I can attest that Kato and Tomix are reliable, Kato are awesome, although ironically the only real problematic locomotive I have is a US outline Kato Mikado which has a tremendous and well deserved reputation, I was just the unlucky guy to get a total lemon, still it is beautiful and I'm sure I'll track down the problem one day.

Once this t-track module is done, I'll build one from a different country just for comparative purposes

I'll post some pics of my progress later

Graham

Offline Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 12:30:06 pm »
I've equipped my Nagomi with lighting and the 6 th Imperial coach ( stocked by DM-Toys & Traintrax) .

There are ( sticky) transfers for the tables/ seating available as well. Not sure if an Emperor model would be lese-majesty??

NickR
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 06:26:32 pm by Railwaygun »
This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 01:52:03 am »
I've equipped my Nagomi with lighting and the 6 th Imperial coach ( stocked by DM-Toys & Traintrax) .

There are ( sticky) transfers for the tables/ seating available as well. Not sure if an Emperor model would be lese-majesty??

NickR

I think not: https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/popeyeolive_hiro/GALLERY/show_image.html?id=69051916&no=0
"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything