!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: LUGSDALE ROAD - LMS  (Read 3089 times)

Offline paulprice

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: LUGSDALE ROAD - LMS
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 10:09:31 pm »

I've actually managed to get all the plywood profiles cut and I still have all my fingers

All 7½ of them? :laugh:
are we counting my Thumbs?

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 10:11:11 pm »

I've actually managed to get all the plywood profiles cut and I still have all my fingers

All 7½ of them? :laugh:
are we counting my Thumbs?

Oh yes :)

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 10:14:31 pm »
All I need to do not is find some time to start construction of the baseboards, not easy task  >:(

Offline tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 09:11:02 am »

Pack them in ice before setting off to the hospital, otherwise they can’t guarantee a good colour match ;)

Offline Black Sheep

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 06:31:45 pm »

Pack them in ice before setting off to the hospital, otherwise they can’t guarantee a good colour match ;)

A bit of weathering would blend them in, no worries

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 12:48:41 pm »
Well I have just spent a little time, sanding down the profiles for board 1. You never know I may even start construction some time today ?

Offline daveg

• N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 04:03:12 pm »
We all eagerly anticipate a highly detailed, step by step photographic report on the Lugsdale Road development.

That is of course in between taking pups out for walks, packing for the mentioned house move and occasionally going to work.

What could be simpler?  :D

Dave G

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 09:29:06 pm »
We all eagerly anticipate a highly detailed, step by step photographic report on the Lugsdale Road development.

That is of course in between taking pups out for walks, packing for the mentioned house move and occasionally going to work.

What could be simpler?  :D

Dave G

Dave I must admit I have been very lazy, I'm just trying to catch up on nearly 6 months of emails to my personal account. Without sounding like a bit of a soft lad, the last few months have been difficult :(

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 07:31:58 pm »
Lugasdale Road, will be made up of two baseboards (not including the fiddle yard).

Each board will be 4ft x 2ft (no metric here), and the tack bed will be raised from the surface of the baseboard. As I quite like using it on Faster Street the baseboards are to be constructed by 6mm ply-wood, in an attempt to create strong and lightweight baseboards.

I's sure its nothing new to all of you here, but I thought I would post a few pictures of the progress in the production of the baseboards if only to show you how not to do it.

Once I had got bored with sanding the profiles, I decided to add blocks of 1"x1" timber, in the places the cross members will be attached to the side members, or the track bed, flushed with success I then decided to use a 1"  spade bit to cut some holes for the wiring.

This did not go a smoothly as I had planned, as a little miss-hap led to a couple of not so circular holes and me narrowly avoiding detaching my arm, any way these things happen so it could be worst. Once I was happy with the cross pieces I glued and screwed these 12" apart onto the side member. The last cross member is yet to be added, as this will include the alignment dowels, so I will make the one for board 1 and 2 together as that way they will be identical, and in theory should take care of any board alignment issues, which means I will be free to create a whole load of problems, without any pressure.

While the glue was drying, I decided to test fit the track bed and the lower rad surface at the front and back of the baseboard, just so I could get a rough idea of how the layout will look when eventually finished.

That's were progress stopped, and I think it will stay that way until I get a little more modelling time next weekend and all for the cost of around £40 for the two boards. :) BARGAIN
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:13:29 pm by paulprice »

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 07:41:10 pm »
Look for any Reg Prescott (Kenny Everett) vid on YouTube to find out how not to do DIY.
Don't make the layout legs like he did the ones for his 'cabiné' :no:

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 09:31:14 pm »
Well today spent a little time on the baseboards, with the result being I still have all my fingers and I have nearly finished board 1.

I have even managed to get the prep work done for the alignment dowels to be fitted, all this progress cannot be a good thing, should I be worried?  :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 11:15:59 am »
See I knew things where going to go wrong I FORGOT ABOUT THE FIDLE YARD  :'(

Offline daveg

• N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 11:53:45 am »
I'd be more positive PP and state most confidently that you have yet to start work on the fiddle yard.  ;)

Dave G

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2017, 05:40:14 pm »
I did see a set square in those pictures ... so it looks like you are trying to do it properly (though maybe you had just finished using it as a toy gun)  :D

Offline Mito

• N Gauge Society Number: 24863
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 08:40:14 pm »
I did see a set square in those pictures ...

Wasn't it a hammer? :confused1:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything