!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Peco KNR-50 15ft tank wagon kit.  (Read 817 times)

Offline jacowin80

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Peco KNR-50 15ft tank wagon kit.
« on: January 02, 2017, 09:40:47 pm »
Hi, has anyone completed one of these kits and has some photos?  I am thinking of buying some of these to make a quick rake on the cheap and am wanting to know if they are easy to put together.  Also wanting a guide on what era they would be suited to.  Thank you in anticipation.  James.

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Peco KNR-50 15ft tank wagon kit.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 09:52:21 pm »
To answer part of your question - I have made up a number of both the 10' and 15' tankers and yes, they are extremely easy to put together - takes minutes! The hardest part is getting the thin braces, (sorry don't know the technical term), located, but even they are easy once you get them located properly. I might be able to upload a couple of photo's tomorrow night if nobody beats me to it!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.

Offline jacowin80

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 10:18:07 pm »
To answer part of your question - I have made up a number of both the 10' and 15' tankers and yes, they are extremely easy to put together - takes minutes! The hardest part is getting the thin braces, (sorry don't know the technical term), located, but even they are easy once you get them located properly. I might be able to upload a couple of photo's tomorrow night if nobody beats me to it!
Thank you for your prompt reply, I have seen a few photos of the 10' and reviews of it but not much of the 15'.  I think I may purchase a few later on in the year to make a cheap rake up as rolling stock seems to be very expensive.  I think the kits will also be nice as you can appreciate to work once finished.

Offline maridunian

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 10:22:29 am »
 Yes,  the 15ft wheelbase model of the 45 ton 'TTA' wagon is very easy to build - tank,  chassis, ladders, discharge pipe,  couplings,  wheels and a couple of nuts to hold it all together.

Here are a couple I built ~20 years ago:

I wrote a review of their 14T tank last year  which has some links that might help with liveries.

Mike

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:25:59 am by maridunian »

Offline jacowin80

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 08:38:44 pm »
Yes,  the 15ft wheelbase model of the 45 ton 'TTA' wagon is very easy to build - tank,  chassis, ladders, discharge pipe,  couplings,  wheels and a couple of nuts to hold it all together.

Here are a couple I built ~20 years ago:

I wrote a review of their 14T tank last year  which has some links that might help with liveries.

Mike

Thank you for the help mike, the tanks look great once completed.  I'm away on holiday shortly so short of funds but I'm sure they will be on my wish list to buy in the next few months.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 01:59:36 am »
All the Peco wagon kits are easily put together and are a considerable saving when looking at a rake.

The trick is in the painting - a task that I am not very good at, unfortunately  :-[
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline carlstavros

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 10:38:27 pm »
I've also been looking at these, a fairly cheap way of having a realistic lentgh train. Would they fit into the late 80s/early 90s era?

Cheers,
Carl

Offline maridunian

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 09:52:06 pm »
Would they fit into the late 80s/early 90s era?

45 ton TTAs have been around since the mid 60s, and some are still in service,  I believe.

Lots of examples from the 80s here!

Mike
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:30:57 pm by maridunian »

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
December Donations

Advertise Here