!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: B.H. Enterprises coach kits.  (Read 1034 times)

Offline trkilliman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16855
    • Awards
B.H. Enterprises coach kits.
« on: September 16, 2016, 09:00:24 am »
Can anyone comment of their complete coach, and in particular TPO kits please?
Also are they back to normal trading conditions?

Thanks

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: B.H. Enterprises coach kits.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 09:59:02 am »
trkilliman , B H Enterprises are still trading and we are attending three more shows this year Colchester on the 30th of October ,Poole on the 6th of November and Brockenhurst open day on 27th November .
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE PETERBOROUGH show as shown on the website ,unfortunatly the friend who does the website has been very busy at work and he only gets time in his lunch break to do the website.
B H Enterprises do not have a shop and it is run as a hobby that got out of control which is why you don't get a next day response .
Ray has a full time job and goes out as early as six thirty in the morning some times and gets home about the same time. By the time he's cooked his dinner done the washing up and other household chores there's not a lot of time left.
Then at weekends we go to exhibitions ,then on top of that the injection moulding machine went bang and has only just been repaired ,on a brighter note things WILL be improving soon so bare with us .
If you need to contact Ray ring him after seven o'clock in the evening.
I hope that this clears up any rumours that we have packed up .
I am not financially connected to B H E  and only just help out at exhibitions .
Bob
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:01:31 am by Bob Tidbury »

Offline Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 10:08:44 am »
I've not built their complete kits but have made use of the clear plastic sides for the conversion of a Dapol Gresley into a full brake. I've found these very nice to use. A quick tip though, for most coaches the sides are too long. I've found that scoring the side from the front (the side with the tumblehome) quite heavily and then snapping but pulling towards the score (rather than away from it as with plasticard) usually results in a clean break without resulting in any whitening from stressing the plastic.

Hope this helps.

Bob, glad to see that Ray is still trading. I must pick up some more sides from him soon.

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 10:25:02 am »
Atso , As I said Ray has  only just had the injection moulding machine mended so stocks of the coach and D M U components are very low  but I will be going over when time permits to help him get the machine up and running and hopefully things will improve  soon , certainly things will be better in the New Year if all goes to plan.
Bob

Offline trkilliman

• N Gauge Society Number: 16855
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 11:15:14 am »
Bob Tidbury.
Thank you for your reply and explanation of where B.H. are at this time. I have noticed you have a website that is currently work in progress, and I'm sure this will be really good when fully up and running. If you are able to include photos of (some)products I think this goes a long way towards people placing an order, and probably reduces items incorrectly ordered and returns scenarios.

I remember speaking to Ray some years back at the Thornbury (Bristol) show, and I know you keep an extensive range of stock.

I can of course wait until things are back to normal, and the new website is finished. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Offline Steven B

• N Gauge Society Number: 12107
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 03:16:41 pm »
The complete kits take quite a bit of work to get looking good. I find it much easier and quicker to just get the etches sides and over lay them on donor coaches.

Worsley Works also produce a range of etched sides for TPO coaches (BR and pre-nationalisation).

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 03:57:04 pm »
The complete kits take quite a bit of work to get looking good. I find it much easier and quicker to just get the etches sides and over lay them on donor coaches.

Hi

I too find this easier, however, some of the BHE etches are to 2mm or 1/152 scale so are slightly short for overlaying on donor coaches.

Cheers

Paul

Offline Ben Line 457

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 07:27:17 pm »
Does anyone know where you can get door handles, handle guards etc. for BR MK1's?

Offline martyn

• N Gauge Society Number: 5720
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 08:46:44 pm »
Coach handles-Ultima/Etched Pixels?

http://www.ultima-models.co.uk/catalogue/comp-detail.html

Martyn

Offline Ben Line 457

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 06:26:02 pm »
Thanks Martyn,

Had never worked out from the picture in the catalgue that the T handles includes grab handle too.

Could probably use cut down 'T' handles for hinges etc. as well.

Offline martyn

• N Gauge Society Number: 5720
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 06:55:18 pm »
I have used BH Enterprises clear plastic Thompson sides, roof, and underframe to be the basis for a Thompson non-corridor; the Etched Pixels/Ultima sides, which Alan was good enough to supply separately, were a very good fit, and with Ultima underframe details, made for an easy build. Bogies are Dapol.
There is a photo somewhere in this album;

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=32756.msg376897#msg376897

Martyn

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
December Donations

Advertise Here