Station Size

Started by GWR-Kris, December 12, 2011, 09:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWR-Kris

Im planning a mainline station set in Era 3 GWR. Now is thinking if i use a hall class pulling 7 coaches, the station platform length would be approx 4' max. does that sound about right.

Jerry Howlett

Will fit in with a few inches to spare, depending on the coaches. I have just measured a rake of 6 Dapol collet coaches and 3 x Mark 1's and it came to 4ft.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

GWR-Kris

i will be using hall class and gwr collets from dapol.  i measured the coaches and they came in just under 6" each, not an exact science but near enough. just wondered if i should make it about 5ft length.

Jerry Howlett

If you can fit it in go for it, as the actress said to the bishop.

I haven't made the platforms for my set up and originally planned for six coach trains but then I have started running nine coaches and they look so much better. The joy of n gauge and if you have the locos that can handle them. I ran a 48 wagon freight behind a Union Mills loco the other month because I can!
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Brooksy

Don't forget that you don't have to model the whole station if you have a strategically placed bridge or other scenic item. I'm trying to incorporate that into my layout - see http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=3013.0 - it's in very early stages at the moment but you can get the idea.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations