Trix Loco

Started by Oldman, December 09, 2011, 09:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Morning all,
I have been given this little Trix Loco

Runs perfectly so do I use as is or if there is a suitable British outline body find one and change it.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

polo2k

I think the 009 guys go crazy for these, might be worth selling and reinvesting the money if your looking for uk outline

Hugely reliable though, my uncle used to use them to double head on his OO museum of transport (on the minature railway) and even after 2 days solid running they were ready for more, with little or no maintenance.
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Oldman on December 09, 2011, 09:26:55 AM
Morning all,
I have been given this little Trix Loco

Runs perfectly so do I use as is or if there is a suitable British outline body find one and change it.

The chassis in question was used for the UK 'Minitrix Dock Tank'. In kit form it also fits

- ABS 1366 pannier
- ABS GCR J63
- Graham Hughes CR 491 class

and a couple of others.

The ABS ones are a bit hard to find as they are only available direct from ABS which basically means at the odd shows Adrian still attends. The Hughes one is 'rare' (really rare not ebay rare!)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Oldman

Cheers Alan,
Has found a non runner  Dock Shunter on EBAY  (Rails of Sheffield)will be watching
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

Quote from: Oldman on December 09, 2011, 12:11:19 PM
Cheers Alan,
Has found a non runner  Dock Shunter on EBAY  (Rails of Sheffield)will be watching

Oh no! Who's gone and put Dock Shunter on e bay :o
Does he know? BIN or bid? :smiley-laughing:
Last I heard he was running pretty well :wave:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations