best livery 47 and 37

Started by matt-b, January 25, 2011, 09:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt-b

when i was younger the 2 main locos i used to see where class 47s and 37s.
for me, there best livery was.... 47-swallow intercity. 37-triple grey (construction)

whats everyone elses opinons?

:NGaugeForum:

porkie

mmm good question....    

Class 37's
Loadhaul for frieght, although... Harry needle railroad yellow and grey is Ace
And Reginal Railways for passenger use.

Class 47's Railfreight distribution and Porterbrook for passenger

:NGF:
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

karm

I like DRS. I saw their class 37 and class47 "Pride of Cumbria" quite recently together, oh what joy to see to see both still working.  I take my hat off to the DRS engineers long may it continue.

Chris

My all time favourite loco is 37425 Pride of the Valleys in Large Logo blue - I think that gives you my answer!

Adam1701D

Red-stripe Railfreight on the 37s for me. One of my favourite liveries with a really warm, rich colour pallette that weathered well.

The 47s took most liveries really well due to their flat sides - Railfreight 3-tone grey sat really well.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

cupoftea

Hi all...Well this is my first post after having a good gander through the forum.....And i think this is going to be a good, helpful & friendly forum  

:NGaugersRule:

For me (being a young lad of the 90s) Railfreight Distribution had to be my favourite on 47s when first launched in 1994 onwards, but prior to that any 3TG sector 47 did it for me, Petroleum being a fave but didn't see many in the Midlands. I thought RFD really suited to the big BRUSH class, with the dark blue roof and neatly applied symbols and RAILFREIGHT DISTRIBUTION in black letters on the lower body side. Very smart indeed. I shall have to post a couple of pictures of my ex works (re-worked pair from 47306's) that i have modelled. 47033 & 053. Fitted with Shawplan etched plates, Tinsley plaques and TPM orange mult jumper sockets. Also the green dot at one end of the cab sides.  

Class 37's.....well, for me it has to be Dutch but was also a keen fan of Regional Railways.

Cheers all, Anthony  :NGF:  
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

And here is my lovely pair  ;) 47033 The Royal Logistic corps and 47053 Dollands Moor International

Re-numbered from Farish 47306's Fitted with Shawplan etched nameplates and Tinsley depot plaques. Orange mult jumper sockets are from TMP. Also note the green dot mult symbols. I guess if i modelled them ex works i should have the white rims around the tyres also pick out the pipe work on the bogie frames. I shall get round to this soon  ???

Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

Quote from: BROADTRAIN1979 on February 07, 2011, 07:50:37 PM
Wheres the pic then? cmon hurry up ;D ;D :NGF:

Oh...  ??? Thats strange....I uploaded a pic earlier, but its saying it has been moved??? Ill have another go.....Should be there now

matt-b

do you need a rake of freightliner wagons now for them 2 47`s to pull?

Arrr ha....Glad picture is finally visable  ;D Newbie here  :wave:

Well, they will be for my Intermodal rake also my 17 ROCO Cargowagons. I also have a RFD Europeon 90023 also for Intermodal workings (Full respray) Eventually i would love a rake of the NGS Cartics (kit built) and painted blue, the MAT 4 articulated one's. Now the 47s would look great on them.

I currently have 1 complete rake of Freighliner flats (with C-Rail 20' & 40' Containers, also Tanktainers and some re-worked Farish containers) but im currently getting together a second rake, if you have some for sale i would be more than interested.....I have 47060 in Speedlink livery for them also 90042 In Freighliner grey. And yes before you ask i do have 1 hell of a stock box.....I model Stafford circa early to late 1990s 

matt-b

hope you have a big layout to run trains that length? whats the car transporters called that are fully inclosed and a light blue colour, think the run in rakes of 5.

Eventually......Once its built it will be around 20' apx long in lengh. Originally i was going to build an exhibition layout (16'x3') But since i have just bough a new house (with a very nice big loft) I have decided against the exhibition plan.....And just settle for a layout in the loft. But i still have the boards so i may bring the idea back to life in the near future....

You mean the WIA ARBELS.......Very nice wagons indeed. These were a ltd run by ATM / TPM models but i think CJM may be bringing them back for another ltd run soon. I do not have any, but would love to get my hands on 3 or 4  :NGaugersRule:

Currently they are fetching silly money, around £300 a set!!

matt-b

you sound abit like me...you plan your trains first, then worry about prices etc later haha like it  ;D

To true matey  :o Lately it has been buying most of the stock rather than actually building a layout.....But the plans are all ready once im settled in my new house. I have a box full of NGS kits to build!!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations