!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Peco wagon kits - mini review  (Read 9634 times)

Offline Chris Morris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ridgacre Branch & Little Aller Junction
    • Awards
Re: Peco wagon kits - mini review
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2017, 11:52:51 am »
Mine are fine with plastic wheels.
This lot have run miles round my layout at exhibitions without any problems. I always put a GF wagon with metal wheels behind the loco and I think this helps. All the others are Peco kits.

Also got a few Peco vans mixed in with GF vans just to give a bit of variety to my van train.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 11:54:09 am by Chris Morris »

Offline Vanders

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Peco wagon kits - mini review
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2017, 06:03:04 pm »
The old Parkside Dundas are now owned by Peco and now called Parkside. These can be a bit tricky getting the solebars in exactly the right position. They will hopefully have clearer instructions in future, and less will get thrown at the cat!

Peco have hinted they will expand the Parkside range.
I'll be interested to see if Peco replace the plastic wheels in their current wagon kit range with the far superior Parkside metal wheels.

My #1 complaint with Peco (& Parkside) kits is still that the N gauge kits don't include decals. It's not like they don't know how; their O gauge kits include suitable decals!

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
December Donations

Advertise Here