!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Down the shed!  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26734
  • 2mm Association Number: 5172
    • Awards
Re: Down the shed!
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2017, 07:02:44 pm »
Thanks Jimbo,
I will have a look later, just got home to the welcoming sight of 8 flat pack cabinets from B&Q! Apparently we are having an island in the kitchen, much to my surprise. :doh:

LOL! No worries, funny you should mention that....a few weeks ago I built an island in the kitchen!!........using carcasses from B & Q!!   :hmmm:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Offline Jimbo

• Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 11:03:52 am »

Would have made a great basis for an N gauge 'roundy-roundy' but my beloved insisted it was for food prep etc! Spoilsport! Never mind though some superb cakes etc have been materialising since!!  :food:
'Keep it country!'

Offline tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2017, 11:12:59 am »
Would have made a great basis for an N gauge 'roundy-roundy' but my beloved insisted it was for food prep etc! Spoilsport! Never mind though some superb cakes etc have been materialising since!!  :food:

Yes, an Isle of Wight layout on the island seems almost mandatory ;)

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2017, 02:26:29 pm »
I'm sure that island is bigger than my kitchen :'(

Offline stephen lewis

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2017, 02:43:43 pm »
Jimbo,

Hope my island ends up that smart, SWMBO has purchased slidey out wire storage thingies, what's wrong with a shelf? managed to put 2 together last night.

As for pictures, I opened up my gallery and there are no pictures, went to my images and they are there, I think because I used 'attachments' when I sent from my not-so-smart phone. So I tried the edit button and rotate 90 degs, nothing happened so gave up. Opened up my gallery/images today and the picture I had tried to edit had indeed moved through 90 degs so now it is upside down!!!
Thinking I am destined to be a Luddite for ever.  :beers:

P.S forgot to mention, the shed looks great.

Offline Jimbo

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2017, 05:32:13 pm »
Hi folks!

Not a big update but some progress made! Drilled holes in the crossmembers and the 9mm ply is now glued in place for the N gauge project, next thing I want to do is construct some sort of back scene, I really must come up with a track plan at some point!  :worried:

Also i didn't know wether i ought to put this here or in the 2mm bit but then i thought it does come under the auspices of 'Down the shed' i suppose! As a small project running alongside the main N gauge one i'm dabbling in a bit of 2mm finescale but i'm far from competent at the moment! I made a couple of handy little tools as recommended and shown in the excellent 'Track, how it works and how to model it' book, a pair of double pins and a track test gauge, i don't know if you can see the two tiny 'fingers' on the bit of flat brass, they were filed with the aid of a digital caliper to be 9.42mm apart, this was my 2nd attempt at this one with the use of a magnifying lamp!

And some practice attempts at track and turnout construction with the aid of jigs and templates etc but at the moment it's a case of all the gear and no idea! I shall keep practising!!  :-[

That's it for now folks! Keep smiling!  :D

Jimbo.
'Keep it country!'

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
January Donations