Queen's new singer...oh dear.

Started by PhilW, October 07, 2011, 05:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilW

Newportnobby

Quote from: PhilW on October 07, 2011, 05:12:08 AM
Lady Gaga to front Queen ::)...just plain stupidness and  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
http://www.artrocker.tv/news/article/lady-gaga-in-talks-to-join-queen

I never got on with Paul Rodgers with Queen, even tho I think Paul Rodgers has one of the best voices in blues/rock ever (Free/Bad Company/solo stuff etc). This would just put the final nail in Queen's coffin for me :thumbsdown:

Roy L S

She may be a bit wacky but she is in fact an incredibly talented and versatile singer/musician/songwriter so it does'nt necessarily follow that it will be a disaster.

longbridge

Sorry but Queen just aint Queen without Freddy Mercury.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

4x2

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

moogle

Hmmm... not too sure on this.
You need a singer with the range and power that Freddie had to make the songs work.
Could work as it doesn't have to be a male singer.
At least she's flamboyant in the costume department!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Newportnobby

Yeah - but how will they do "I want to break free"?
A woman dressed as a man dressed as a woman - how's that going to work? :o

Fifer

GAGA does not need QUEEN !!!!!

IMHO

Mike
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote 'happy'.
They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."
-- John Lennon

Kipper

A couple of years ago, I saw a Queen tribute band at the Ashfield show. The Freddie look-a-like sounded like him too, absolutely brilliant. I then saw Queen on the box with that other bloke - total rubbish. Queen should check out some of the tribute bands for their lead singer.

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Roy L S on October 07, 2011, 09:38:25 AM
She may be a bit wacky but she is in fact an incredibly talented and versatile singer/musician/songwriter so it does'nt necessarily follow that it will be a disaster.

You know what? I totally agree with this, I heard the duet she's done with Tony Bennet and it's fabulous. If you look past the outrageous way she dresses, she is an amazing singer, in much the same way as Amy Winehouse was.

But I do agree that Queen are not really Queen without Freddie. In fact the one singer I think could do Queens sings justice is, and it really pains me to say this, George Micheal :P

Regards

Neal

longbridge

I would have thought Boy George would have made a better Queen member ;)
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

4x2

Quote from: Calnefoxile on October 07, 2011, 08:49:35 PM

You know what? I totally agree with this, I heard the duet she's done with Tony Bennet and it's fabulous. If you look past the outrageous way she dresses, she is an amazing singer, in much the same way as Amy Winehouse was.

But I do agree that Queen are not really Queen without Freddie. In fact the one singer I think could do Queens sings justice is, and it really pains me to say this, George Micheal :P

Regards

Neal
I agree, George Michael would fit in nicely.... (steady, newportnobby.... :smiley-laughing:)
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

jonclox

Quote from: 4x2ybecauseican on October 07, 2011, 11:20:34 AM
Quote from: PhilW on October 07, 2011, 05:12:08 AM
Lady Gaga to front Queen ::)...just plain stupidness and  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
http://www.artrocker.tv/news/article/lady-gaga-in-talks-to-join-queen
REALLY ???  :o :o :o
Oh dear, that's it then. I'll get my coat.....
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh :'( get mine while your about it please
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: 4x2ybecauseican on October 07, 2011, 09:17:22 PM
Quote from: Calnefoxile on October 07, 2011, 08:49:35 PM

Regards

Neal
I agree, George Michael would fit in nicely.... (steady, newportnobby.... :smiley-laughing:)
Dammit - I hate being predictable :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations