what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: port perran on December 03, 2017, 09:15:17 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on December 03, 2017, 09:04:08 PM
Aaaargh! That's awful.
I have duplicated some of my Heep and Yes on CD as I tried to put an album into the slot in my car but for some reason it wouldn't fit. Nowadays I just have 5000 or more songs on a memory stick in the car.
Bet you can't remember 'em all  :D

True :-[
Thank the Lord for 'Search' and 'Shuffle' :sweat:

GroupC

The mighty Jesus and Mary Chain, "Psychocandy Live at Barrowlands" album. Feedback! Turn it up very loud if your ears will stand it!

Newportnobby

The Beatles "Love" album which is an absolute masterpiece of production and puts some very different slants on some of the music.

Newportnobby

Yes - Tales of Topographic Oceans

I haven't a scooby what Jon Anderson is singing about but the music is v. good ???

port perran

Quote from: newportnobby on December 06, 2017, 08:45:09 PM
Yes - Tales of Topographic Oceans

I haven't a scooby what Jon Anderson is singing about but the music is v. good ???
As teenagers we used to analyse the lyrics looking for the deep hidden meanings.
Years later Anderson admitted it was all a load of rubbish really!
Great stuff though.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

port perran

Argent - Ring of Hands album.
One of my all time favourites - especially Lothlorien

https://youtu.be/xo2G69VNzrA

port perran

And the brilliant Colin Blunstone on vocals

xm607

Jon Anderson as well as Marc Bolan of T.rex (who is on the tape deck at the moment!) and possibly David Bowie in his early days just put words together to sound good if they made any sense it was a bonus.

Steve.   

GroupC

The Bible, "Honey Be Good".

I've had a really, REALLY bad year and this piece of forgotten genius from Boo and his mates makes it a little less unbearable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a480jJ96_RY

Dorsetmike

Just putting together a playlist of Christmas music for background music at our Chrisatmas lunch in the residents lounge. Found some "different  renditions" like Jetrhro Tull, Ella Fitzgerald, Eartha Kitt, Bing Crosby, Moody Blues, Manhattan Transfer, Blackmore's Night (Celtic)  David Arkenstone,Harry Belafonte and others.

Perhaps I should add the minimum age for residents in this block is 55 but I expect the age range at the lunch will be late 60s to mid 90s, so hopefully there should be summat for everyone
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Malc

Mick's mentioning Yes, brought to mind a couple of their tracks. A later incarnation, still with Steve Howe

And the original.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Tonight, I har mostly been listening to the beat combo 'Thunder' playing 'Back Street Symphony' and 'Laughing on Judgment Day'

GroupC

The Go! Team, "Doing it Right".

They always seem to be playing ALL the instruments ALL the time! Great stuff. Hooks aplenty. Gets me moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_LoSqyNmeo

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations