what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Elvinley on August 18, 2011, 01:24:58 AM
Been listening to Marillion, Monster Magnet, Martin Carthy, Paradise Lost, The Mission, Joy Division, Saxon, Savatage, Thin Lizzy, Bloodgood, Type O, Dire Straits and lots and lots of others the last few days. I bought a live Hawkwind album today so need to listen to that ASAP.

Excellent taste if I may say so, sirrah :music:

sawyerm1982

Sadly the noise im hearing isnt to everyones taste lol.

I have the sound of a sthil saw cutting concrete, mixed with excavators, and hammers banging etc on our construction project outside my office window!

Could be worse - could be stuck listening to noisy children on hot punlic transport i guess

Mike  :wave:

Newportnobby

Quote from: sawyerm1982 on August 18, 2011, 12:59:52 PM

Could be worse - could be stuck listening to noisy children on hot punlic transport i guess

Mike  :wave:

I remember a 9 hour flight to the Dominican Republic in baggage class with other people's screaming kids, and nowhere to hide. I swore then never to do long haul unless I could at least afford business class. Needless to say I've not done long haul since :)

longbridge

Showing my age today, listening to Acker Bilk and Kerry Ball, gotta love that Trad Jazz.

Might put AC-DC on later when I wake up.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on August 18, 2011, 09:29:09 PM
Showing my age today, listening to Acker Bilk and Kerry Ball, gotta love that Trad Jazz.
Might put AC-DC on later when I wake up.

If that's what Trad Jazz does to you I think I'll pass and stick to the Bonzo Dog type jazz! :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Memo to self - download some Acker Bilk for those insomniac moments :sleep:

lesmond

Gina G and "Ooh Aah just a little bit" on You Tube.. very very fine video and not a bad song, either.
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Tank

Elvinley

My DCC class 50 (in OO I'm afraid - hope I won't get shunned)

[admin]Not today! :D [/admin]

longbridge

No Jazz today instead I am listening to "Santana" and afterwards "Ten Years After".
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

scotsoft

I am going way back to when I was a sweet and innocent 15y/o  :evil:

Summer Of Love - The Hits Of 1967

OwL

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on August 19, 2011, 09:49:33 PM
I am going way back to when I was a sweet and innocent 15y/o  :evil:

Summer Of Love - The Hits Of 1967
Hi John - we're of an age as I was 15 in 1968. Currently listening to the Beatles 'Love' album which is an incredible feat of mastering by George Martin & Son. If you like the Beatles (not everyone does) you'll hear completely revamped versions of their songs and sampled bits too. It's a bit like 'Spot the Beatles songs' :music:

Tank

poliss

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations