!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase. - Japanese N  (Read 24462 times)

Offline tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase. - Japanese N
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 03:27:28 pm »

In the absence of any N gauge Pendolinos, my appetite for long shiny (and in this case green) worms is assuaged for now with a full Kato 10 car E5 “Hayabusa" from http://www.traintrax.co.uk

Fitted with a Lenz Silver Mini+ from http://www.modelscape.net - the bottom of the motorised carriage just slides off, no need to remove the body.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:27:46 am by tutenkhamunsleeping, Reason: Typo »

• Ebay
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2014, 05:56:38 pm »
http://youtu.be/pyZnjp4dHzg

Recent purchases finally make it onto video!

Offline scotsoft

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2014, 08:45:32 pm »
You are amassing a nice variety of rolling stock for you to play trains with  :claphappy:

Do you use Kato controllers?  I find they give very good slow acceleration through to "blur" speed  :D

I did enjoy your video very much as I have the six car E2, so it was good to see your eight car  :thumbsup:
Mt first Bullet train was the 500 Nozomi which I think is one of the best look of the bullet trains and that influenced me to buy the E2.

I hope you video more of your testing sessions soon  :NGaugersRule:

cheers John.

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2014, 09:48:57 pm »
Excellent video, I am very jealous of your bullet trains, especially the E5, it looks superb.
I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over.

• Ebay
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2014, 08:35:27 am »
Do you use Kato controllers?  I find they give very good slow acceleration through to "blur" speed  :D

Most of the trains in the video are running on DCC, although the circling tank train is DC and powered by a Kato controller, yes.  However, my problems with less than smooth starts are purely down to my male-pattern inability to multi-task :-[

Everything is great when I'm not trying to video at the same time as operate.  And this should be cured easily enough by tweaking the acceleration CVs, etc, in the relevant chips - something I haven't gotten around to because of the urge to play trains :D

Online railsquid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2014, 07:40:04 am »
Given my moniker, how could I resist this little cutie:

:bounce:
"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12216
  • 2mm Association Number: 4949
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Kanjiyama -JR Eastern in the Springtime
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2014, 10:06:45 am »
Very fitting! ...and yes, very cute!  :D

Online railsquid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2014, 05:46:54 pm »
I popped out earlier for some oil to dab on the gears of my first overseas purchase. Just some oil, nothing else.

Well, apart from the JNR EF60, which turned out to be the successful candidate for the recently opened position of semi-obscure 2nd generation brown electric locomotive; an outstanding qualification was the bargain price of ca. 3300 yen (new, incl. tax) from Tam Tam in Akihabara, which is a smidgen under 20 quid at the current rate/. From the same source, some Toki 15000 semi-flatbed wagons, also at an attractive price and they look like they'll be useful for carrying things, especially if towed behind the EF60, which are chronological contemporaries according to my brief research. From the same era but different source, a single 0-kei Shinkansen car from the junk section of Big Yard in Nakano; it's actually in suprisingly good condition, the only thing missing are numbering details. However it will join the pool of departmental/experimental stock, where it will become Designated Gauge Tester, and maybe a testbed for lighting installation. Also some useful bits of short track, some cut-price bamboo, a block of blue polystyrene for a small scenery project (which will lead to bigger things, I hope), and some glue to go with it.
"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Offline trainsdownunder

• Sadly Passed Away
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2014, 09:44:27 am »
My 1st DMU - Kato 10-476 Kiha 283 Super Ozora Blue Sky 6 Car Dmu Set

Well not quite true as I did own an Acela Express sometime ago, but I fancied something different and got a good deal on a trade in at the recent swap meet. Totally out of style with all my US stuff but very impressed.

The tilting mech is very good and the unit seems very stable even though the power unit is in the 3rd or 4th car from the front or rear depending how you look at it. Great directional Head & tail lights. Have to get carriage lighting for this I reckon

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2014, 09:47:26 am »
Very nice...  :thumbsup:

Offline Lawrence

• N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2014, 01:22:50 pm »
I popped out earlier for some oil to dab on the gears of my first overseas purchase. Just some oil, nothing else.

Well, apart from the JNR EF60, which turned out to be the successful candidate for the recently opened position of semi-obscure 2nd generation brown electric locomotive; an outstanding qualification was the bargain price of ca. 3300 yen (new, incl. tax) from Tam Tam in Akihabara, which is a smidgen under 20 quid at the current rate/. From the same source, some Toki 15000 semi-flatbed wagons, also at an attractive price and they look like they'll be useful for carrying things, especially if towed behind the EF60, which are chronological contemporaries according to my brief research. From the same era but different source, a single 0-kei Shinkansen car from the junk section of Big Yard in Nakano; it's actually in suprisingly good condition, the only thing missing are numbering details. However it will join the pool of departmental/experimental stock, where it will become Designated Gauge Tester, and maybe a testbed for lighting installation. Also some useful bits of short track, some cut-price bamboo, a block of blue polystyrene for a small scenery project (which will lead to bigger things, I hope), and some glue to go with it.

How I envy you being able to pop into a shop like Tam Tam, please if you ever see any packs of the Tomytec car collection Taxis please let me know, I've been hunting them for what seems like ever!

Look forward to seeing your progress

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2014, 01:58:03 pm »

How I envy you being able to pop into a shop like Tam Tam, please if you ever see any packs of the Tomytec car collection Taxis please let me know, I've been hunting them for what seems like ever!

Which ones? The Orange 'Checker Cab' collection is available at HS...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10188825

Sadly the Nihon Kotsu collection (the prototypes are everywhere in Tokyo) may be a little harder to get hold of. Surprising Fleabay isn't full of them - particularly the yellow versions - as they aren't really suitable for UK layouts...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10262160

When I visited Tam Tam back in May I found the N gauge Tomytec vehicles range to be limited - basically a few lorries and buses. That said, somehow one of the Tokyo Toei Buses managed to find its way back to the UK with me!  :D

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10188825

Sadly the Nihon Kotsu collection (the prototypes are everywhere in Tokyo) may be a little harder to get hold of. Surprising Fleabay isn't full of them - particularly the yellow versions - as they aren't really suitable for UK layouts...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10262160

When I visited Tam Tam back in May I found the N gauge Tomytec vehicles range to be limited - basically a few lorries and buses. That said, somehow one of the Tokyo Toei Buses managed to find its way back to the UK with me!  :D

Scrub that comment about the Nihon Kotsu set; our friend Mr PlazaJapan has them in stock...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomytec-The-Car-Collection-Basic-Set-Nihon-Kotsu-1-150-N-scale-/121375346333

Offline Lawrence

• N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2014, 01:32:07 pm »

which is probably why they didn't turn up when I did a search for Taxi  ::)

I just wanted a couple of taxis for my taxi station, not bithered about which ones, thanks for the links tho  :thumbsup:

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2014, 10:46:43 pm »
The latest arrival at Chez Dreyfus is this really pretty Kato Joyful Train, Tohoku Emotion.

Joyful trains are special or tourist trains...this particular example is a combination of fine-dining and rail excursion.It was introduced earlier this year as part of the effort to regenerate the tourist trade in the Tohoku region; ravaged by the 2011 tsunami. It is simply two rebuilt KiHa110 DMUs, and looks great. I particularly like the details on the livery.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything