!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche  (Read 117915 times)

Mollington Street, Train Waiting, Mito and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Leon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
Re: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche
« Reply #2400 on: Today at 02:09:55 am »
So we went off to one of our favourite garden centres, which is only about five miles away, for coffee and to buy one or two bits and pieces, before returning to Burton Constable after it had opened.

My wife and I drove through eastern Wales week before last and came upon a mind boggling garden centre. I can't imagine one more extensive in size and inventory. It was apparently sited on an old railroad right-of-way and had used a railway theme throughout. For the life of me, I now can't remember the name, but I'm sure I have it somewhere in the bits and pieces brought back from our trip.

Leon

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2401 on: Today at 12:56:25 pm »
My wife and I drove through eastern Wales week before last and came upon a mind boggling garden centre. I can't imagine one more extensive in size and inventory. It was apparently sited on an old railroad right-of-way and had used a railway theme throughout. For the life of me, I now can't remember the name, but I'm sure I have it somewhere in the bits and pieces brought back from our trip.
Leon
It was probably the Old Railway Line in Brecon:

https://www.oldrailwaylinegc.co.uk/
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2402 on: Today at 07:41:30 pm »
First, there is some good news.  The two 45XX 2-6-2 tank locomotives have been dispatched and are expected at the Aylesbury MPD within the next couple of days.  When they arrive, the management of the Aylesbury and Worcester Operational Department will organise their transport to Swindon Works for their major refits.  Swindon estimate that the time for the refits will be about a week, so within the next two weeks, branch operations should be able to recommence.

In the early morning session today, I managed several timetable sub-cycles, ending with 45206 taking the milk train from the milk depot to the UP loops.  It stalled exiting the milk lop crossovers and then came to a halt in the UP loops with a grinding noise.  It sounded like a loss of traction tyres again and, indeed, that turned out to be the case.  Here it is in the loco cradle awaiting new traction tyres.

Later, I found two new traction tyres, but I am concerned that the tyres I have may be a little over sized, leading to their shedding.  I will need to see if I can locate some spares of the correct size.  Anyway, once the new tyres were fitted, I was able to run 45206 for a couple of circuits through the milk loop to make sure everything was alright. 

I concentrated on finishing the next few sub-cycles, also increasing the acceleration time of some of the locos, to make them pull away more slowly.  I thought it might be a good idea to show a video of slow trains.  First you see 80119 with its slow deceleration and slow acceleration.  Then, I have added 3846 with the heavy goods making slow progress around the layout.

Tomorrow, I will run some more sub-cycles and work on the acceleration of more locos.
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2403 on: Today at 08:20:20 pm »
First you see 80119 with its slow deceleration and slow acceleration.  Then, I have added 3846 with the heavy goods making slow progress around the layout.

Very nice.
I'm sure your locos shed more traction tyres in a week than mine have done in my lifetime in N (some 35 years) :confused2:
And lastly, can I ask what today's music is please?

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2404 on: Today at 08:44:47 pm »
And lastly, can I ask what today's music is please?
It's the slow movement (appropriately) of Haydn's Symphony 98 in B flat Major.
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #2405 on: Today at 09:04:36 pm »
Looking good there Laurence, sorry to hear of your tyre problem, I had a similar problem with my tender drive Black Five, mind you that's when it last run which was ages ago, I really need to fix it or get it fixed. You seem to be having problems with those two tank loco's I wonder if it is a pickup issue, it will be interesting to see how your two new locos run once converted to dcc.
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Online Leon

• N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #2406 on: Today at 09:42:48 pm »
It was probably the Old Railway Line in Brecon:
https://www.oldrailwaylinegc.co.uk/

Laurence, you're right. I didn't remember how far we were from Brecon, but as I recall it is a few miles east of Brecon. It WAS a special place, though.

Revealing my ignorance, what IS a traction tire?

Leon

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here