Is it possible to have too many DMU's

Started by 1018509, November 25, 2013, 04:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it possible to have too many bubbles?

I love 'em!

It wouldn't be so bad but I run 2 freight trains two 3 car 108's and four 2 car 108's as well in a three foot station scene with three sidings and a two foot fiddle yard with three sidings.

BobB

The short answer is no, but remember that they didn't build that many bubbles ! 101's and 108's on the other hand give a lot more scope for a large population.

In any event, rule 1 can apply so just keep on re-numbering !

GroupC

Short answer again: no.

I hated them in my younger years but am now very fond of the old 108's etc. Have to exercise extreme caution when window-shopping online. I have a particularly fond recall of the old trans-pennine units which were I thought were absolutely awful in their day. They did have a small, comfy 1st class section though as I remember which, when 1st class disappeared, was great to sit in. Like a gentleman's club compared to todays' cardboardy offerings.

Just shows that the passage of time, and nostalgia, heals almost anything.

Well done on fitting lots of stock in a small space. I like it!

Dock Shunter

Is it possible to see a few more pics of your layout please..........  :thumbsup:

Woolleysh33p

Quote from: 1018509 on November 25, 2013, 04:47:07 PM
Is it possible to have too many bubbles?

I love 'em!

It wouldn't be so bad but I run 2 freight trains two 3 car 108's and four 2 car 108's as well in a three foot station scene with three sidings and a two foot fiddle yard with three sidings.

Where did you get the br green bubble from????

Can't find them anywhere !

Dorsetmike

For me, yes even one is too many,  another reason to model the SR in the mid 1930s!!!!!!!! 
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Quote from: Woolleysh33p on November 25, 2013, 06:51:00 PM
Where did you get the br green bubble from????

Can't find them anywhere !

All eBay bar one new dummy from Hattons and motorised with DCC Supplies parts and all fitted with light bars.

Brings back memories when the West Drayton Uxbridge/Stains branches were open.

A fair few class 121's were seen as replacement DM on three car 117's as well as sometimes adding an extra coach to make a four coach train

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Quote from: Dock Shunter on November 25, 2013, 06:46:12 PM
Is it possible to see a few more pics of your layout please..........  :thumbsup:
If this works here are some more pictures:-

I have a confession to make I am not a modeller - too heavy handed - but I like playing trains. 99% of my models are eBay; the layout is eBay. the Powercab is new. I motorised all the points myself and have two aspect colour light signalling to fit at a later date. I have a total of four 2 car 108's; two 3 car 108's one Prairie; two 4MT's; two class 04's; one class 03; eight closed wagons; eight conflats and two guard's vans.

I need a bit more room so I sold one class 121 yesterday.

My layout is in the lobby, both are 6' 11" long, the room is about 3', wide the layout is 9" wide

My apologies for referring to carriages as cars that comes from 41 years on London Underground repairing trains

Bealman

I thought that was your front door I could see there! Just shows, you can shoehorn a workable layout in anywhere, especially in N! :thumbsup:

Hope you keep your front door locked though when you're operating....  looks to me that if someone came in at the time you could cop a nasty bang on the head when you're sitting on the stool!  ;D

Oh - and you're being too hard on yourself, saying you're not a modeller. There's nothing wrong with that scenery, buddy.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Well I guess that answers the question at the start of the thread then.

Dock Shunter

That is a great little layout.... :thumbsup: the sort of thing i love to see and build.
I am sure you could add to it or build something yourself if you put your mind to it.
Love your collection of DMUs... :thumbsup:

Bealman

I confess to not noticing the layout is from eBay.

No worries, it's still a ripper.

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Bealman

Rightho, Pengi. Go Southampton....

I like the doors!  ;D

The red and orange stand out nicely from the white, so we can see 'em.

Good job I live in Oz 'cos it's gonna cost you a lot of money to come and beat me brains out  :P

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations