!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: George Street II  (Read 75006 times)

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20957
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • YouTube
    • My layout photos on Flickr
    • Awards
Re: George Street II
« Reply #465 on: March 02, 2017, 10:50:39 pm »
@newportnobby Hi Mick. Sorry about the lack of vids recently. I had a 6 week holiday visiting friends and relatives Down Under and not been to see Shaun since returning. I am now off to India on business in 2 weeks time for a 4 week training trip, returning Easter weekend! It feels like I'm going to be out of the UK more than in it this year!!

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #466 on: March 03, 2017, 09:22:19 am »
@Chris
And I thought it was just me leading the life of Riley! :D
No worries, Chris. As long as at some point there will be one or more.

Offline newportnobby

• Awards
« Reply #467 on: November 27, 2017, 03:05:59 pm »
@Shaun Harvey
@Chris

I am getting terrible withdrawal symptoms and desperately need to see some more of your wonderful collaborative vids. Is there anything you can do to give me a fix please? :help:
For those who haven't seen them, Chris records the real railways and then superbly matches them to trains on Shaun's excellent layout with the following results........sound as sound should be.

@Shaun Harvey
@Chris
Just a repeat of my withdrawal symptom post back in March this year.
Are you both still involved in railway modelling?

Offline DCCDave

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #468 on: November 27, 2017, 06:49:08 pm »
This layout is now owned by someone else so it does still appear on the forum elsewhere from time to time.

following is a plea for clarity not an attack:

Do you mean RMWeb? If so then please say so, with a link if possible, so that other N Gauge Forum users who might not be aware what 'the forum elsewhere' means have a chance to read what you are referring to.
If you're not talking about RMWeb then that shows that the cryptic reference isn't very useful.

I don't think anyone on here will/can be offended that you mentioned another forum, which has some great N Gauge content.

And for other posters, while I'm at it, I think we all know that the auction site is called eBay.  :D

Cheers
Dave

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20957
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • YouTube
    • My layout photos on Flickr
    • Awards
« Reply #469 on: December 05, 2017, 07:36:58 pm »
Well I wasn't expecting to receive tags after so long!!

NN - Sadly not! I've now been 'off the scene' since early 2016 after my second DCC attempt failed, and I sold off my stock to pay for my jaunt Down Under last Christmas, and Shaun no longer has this layout. He's defected to O gauge!! (Maybe his age/eyesight - but more because of Dapol's O gauge 08!)

What was to be a brief sabbatical for myself ended up being a more permanent departure as I've ended up with so many other interests (including 1/1 railway volunteering), and other photography subjects etc. that I simply don't have the time for modelling work. I was given a couple of pro-built 3x1 boards 2 years ago for a depot layout but they're still in storage!

DCCDave - the layout Shaun was referring to there was my original layout called 'Old Warren TMD' which was bought by a fellow member on here (OwL). He continued the thread for a while but then had a couple of house moves in recent years which has meant the layout has been in storage. I've not contacted him for about a year now so I don't know if he has it up & running.

Offline newportnobby

• Awards
« Reply #470 on: December 05, 2017, 09:18:28 pm »
@Chris
I guess unless we come to railway modelling late in life there are other things bound to take up time us oldies have more of (and hopefully some years to come) so all I'd say is to wish you (both) every success in what you turn your hands to. Your brilliant vids of 'Old Warren' and your collaboration with Shaun on 'George Street' will stand the test of time and should you find any of that stuff (time) a DVD of said vids would always be welcome ;) :wave:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #471 on: December 05, 2017, 10:12:50 pm »
@Chris
I guess unless we come to railway modelling late in life there are other things bound to take up time us oldies have more of (and hopefully some years to come) so all I'd say is to wish you (both) every success in what you turn your hands to. Your brilliant vids of 'Old Warren' and your collaboration with Shaun on 'George Street' will stand the test of time and should you find any of that stuff (time) a DVD of said vids would always be welcome ;) :wave:

Seconded!

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
December Donations

Advertise Here