Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionwing

New B-Set from Osborns...will be deployed later on a evening service out of Newdale!

Richard - Stop before the buffers!

EtchedPixels

Quote from: daveg on August 19, 2013, 12:01:33 PM
At 5' 53/4'', I need a parachute when stepping off the kerb, so no more heightists jokes, please.

If you ever get the chance to stand on the footplate of an older steam loco or many of the old narrow gauge locos you'll get the last laugh. They weren't designed for tall folk
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

REGP

Lionwing

Are these the shirtbutton ones?

If so the ones I pre ordered and paid for a set last year should be on their way.

Ray

lionwing

Quote from: REGP on August 19, 2013, 03:30:52 PM
Lionwing

If so the ones I pre ordered and paid for a set last year should be on their way.

Ray

They are.

Ordered and paid for on Friday and arrived today.

Richard
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

daveg

Quote from: REGP on August 19, 2013, 03:30:52 PM
Lionwing

Ray

Osborn's are also doing a Collett 6 pack with SB.
http://www.osbornsmodels.com/dapol-nc-056set-gwr-colletts-set-of-6-coaches-11583-p.asp

Dave G

REGP

Thanks Dave

I did know about these and had added some to my original order but to be delivered at same time, hopefully this week.

Ray

Agrafarfan

I went for a job interview today at a toy shop and I discovered this so just for fun I will put a few pics of my new cheap loco on here. I might not count cause it's a toy one by Siki  :D

It looked 1:160 but I think its bigger.

[smg id=6457]

I tried to get in on the rails but the wheels are just a fraction too big, shame really cause the wheels are only a few millimetres out.

[smg id=6458]

Its unpowered obviously and not much detail but it does have moving couplers and if you buy two you can connect them together.

I know it's not a real model one but it only cost £6 absolute bargain if you ask me. :P

I wounder what scale it actually is?

Any Siku do some cheap stuff like tractors this might be a cheap way to get some stuff.

Ian :)

PS Its made out of metal

daveg

Pop it in the background somewhere!

Hope the interview went well.

Dave G

scotsoft

Quote from: Agrafarfan on August 21, 2013, 04:19:04 PM
I know it's not a real model one but it only cost £6 absolute bargain if you ask me. :P
They are going for around £10 on eBay

Any Siku do some cheap stuff like tractors this might be a cheap way to get some stuff.
There are tractors but they are 1:32 and 1:87 scales  :thumbsdown:

PS Its made out of metal

It is a nice looking tram and if you put some people and illumination inside it would make a good looking static model  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

EtchedPixels

From the picture it looks like it could be N scale but continental loading gauge. Hard to tell without playing "guess the prototype".

What is the actual distance between the wheel flanges ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

cookiescrumble

A few additions to my growing fleet:

I couple of purchases from Model Railways Direct and their recent sale

Class 108 in Blue/Grey Livery

Class 14 in BR Blue, this is a stunning little train!

and a purchase from my local model

Class 37 in BR Green

daveg

Agrafarfan

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 21, 2013, 05:52:09 PM
From the picture it looks like it could be N scale but continental loading gauge. Hard to tell without playing "guess the prototype".

What is the actual distance between the wheel flanges ?

Hi,

Just measured it and it's about 10mm between the wheels. I think it's something like a DB br641, Arnold do one like it for about £140 it's something like a diesel rail car.

I was thinking unscrewing the bottom and put some n gauge wheels in. It was a fun buy. :)

Agrafarfan

Quote from: daveg on August 21, 2013, 05:20:37 PM
Pop it in the background somewhere!

Hope the interview went well.

Dave G

The interview went very well. I think I might make a model museum and I can put that in the background somewhere.  :)

Agrafarfan

Quote from: scotsoft on August 21, 2013, 05:47:37 PM
Quote from: Agrafarfan on August 21, 2013, 04:19:04 PM
They are going for around £10 on eBay

There are tractors but they are 1:32 and 1:87 scales  :thumbsdown:

PS Its made out of metal

It is a nice looking tram and if you put some people and illumination inside it would make a good looking static model  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

That's a good idea I have got some people I actually thought about putting them in there. ;)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations