Dapol tribute

Started by Chris Morris, March 20, 2017, 01:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Morris

Dapol's recent announcement has caused much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I would like to say thank you to Dapol for bringing us a good range of well detailed N gauge models over the years. I certainly wouldn't have gone to N gauge if it was not for the Dapol range. I hope they will be able to find a way to produce some of the suspended products at some point in the future.

Meanwhile my layouts rely heavily on Dapol motive power and I'm very happy with them.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

bluedepot

That's a fair point.

I have nothing against them at all and they have helped drive up n gauge quality by competing with bachmann and added a lot to the available range.

I have been disappointed with a few quality issues lately and now the class 50 cancellation but I do very much like my hst, class 156, class 26, 2x westerns, bubble cars, plus various wagons. other locos I've been less happy with, but hoping my new 33/1 will prove reliable.

I'm looking forward to buying a pacer too!

Tim

Chris Morris

None of this could have happened without Dapol

Chris Morris

Chris Morris

Chris Morris

Sprintex

Quite happy with my four Regional Railways 156 units, triple grey Class 56, and of course my fave train/livery of all time . . . .

Paul

Chris Morris

Smiffy

A good thread to kick off, does not hurt to express our gratitude.  Maybe not as a counter to our grumbles, but to show the UK N gauge market wants and needs Dapol along with Farish, Peco, Arnold, Union Mills, DJM, Revolution, Rapido, Ixion, NBrass, ERG, Railtec and anyone else brave enough to take the risk to develop and sell product.   Thank goodness we don't model in 3MM

Karhedron

Chew Magna would not have happened without Dapol. Farish's GWR offerings are rather thin on the ground with only a handful of (admittedly welcome) releases to modern standards.

Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

scottmitchell74

So I'm super gun-shy now that my Dapol experience is at a 50% success rate. This thread makes me think I shouldn't bail on them yet. Grrr...hard to know what to do, sometimes...made more complex with ordering from across the Atlantic.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Newportnobby

Thanks to Dapol I have:-

Q1s, Schools, A4, 9Fs, 14xx, 28xx, 45xx, Ivatt 2MT, Britannia and classes 22, 26, 33, 35, 52 and 121 diseasels.
Wagon wise I have:-
Dogfish, 6 wheel tanks and 21T hoppers
Coaching stock comprises:-
Gresleys, B set and Colletts - not forgetting the NGS StoveR and Collett K41 Full Brake

I must admit some of the locos are very hard to live with at times but they are better than not having them at all.

Portpatrick

What can I thank Dapol for?

2 ex SR utility vans (1 each in green and maroon)
A selection of mineral wagons, hoppers various, 7 milk tanks, 6 Blue spot vans
3 Stove Rs from the NGS commission
2 Cargowaggon bogie vans
1 Terrier
1 57XX in London Underground livery
2 Class 67
3 Class 66 (one of which is a dummy)
2 Class 26
1 Class 27
1 M7, turned into a Caley 044T
1 Ivatt 262T, push pull fitted
1 Britannia (my only tender engine as I really do not like their prop shaft approach)
Rake of 9 maroon Gresley coaches
3 Class 156 (1 dummy )  Strathclyde and Saltire livery
HST in Virgin livery.  Enough to make up one of those 2+5 units which ran the Cross Country's for a very brief period
1 syphon - cannot recall whether it is a G or H
1 N Soc commission Collett BG
1 N Soc commission snow plough
1 Class 122 Bubble Car

Their entry into N has certainly served me very well.  And I have never had a duff loco/DMU.  I am, perhaps, fortunate , that I have never yet been affected by the burgeoning lead times which have bedevilled some models.  I have been able to buy as I decided what I wanted.

railsquid

HST x 1
Class 86 x 5 (including 1 dummy); will order a BR blue one if/when available
Class 73 x 1
Class 58 x 1
Class 56 x 1
Class 52 x 2
Class 35 x 3 (1 dummy)
Class 33 x 2
Class 27 x 1
Class 22 x 1

Class 14xx x 1
Class 57xx x 1
Class 45xx x 1

Class 121 x 1
Class 122 x 1
Class 156 x 1

Various coaches (Collets, B-set, Collect autocoaches, BR Mk3)
Various parcels wagons
Small random selection of goods wagons

Western Exile

My turn! Thanks so far for the excellent:

2 x HST sets
Class 58
Class 156
20 x Silver bullets (5 of which are the weathered variety)
8 x Ferrywagons
4 x KIB telescopic hood wagons
8 x Grampus

And thanks in advance for the 2 x 33s and 56 which should be heading my way soon. Not a dud among them.
(not Dr.) Al

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations