Not happy

Started by Dorsetmike, February 23, 2018, 07:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmInN

From ebay :-
offered at £3.99 !!  "If do not have 10 pro on your system, download direct from microsoft using Microsoft Creation Tool"
my green,
so that is why the creation tool is still there ? after GWX was closed. So if the bulk people are still needing it praps that route will remain then.

Not that I am bovvered, still happy with Win7, I'm just curious about it all :)
dog-with-a-bone so to speak  ;D !

MalcolmInN

Looks like MS reserve the right to disable a Win10 key if they see a disproportionate number of users on the same key (the keys not being unique, but grouped in user/install numbers supplied to the dealers)
So might be a good idea to turn off updates and not visit MS sites ?

Not saying they will,
if they did it could be another FTDI serial<>usb PR disaster ie. going after the user not the supplier.

njee20

I would never advocate disabling updates, for any reason. I would also say that both those things would be totally fruitless - if they wanted to disable your software they could do so as long as the computer was connected to the internet. I also wouldn't worry about that in the least.

I'd be amazed if 0.1% of Microsoft's sales are to individuals - the OEM market is going to be overwhelmingly larger.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: njee20 on February 27, 2018, 07:04:41 AM
I would never advocate disabling updates, for any reason.

the OEM market is going to be overwhelmingly larger.
That is a whole other debate lurking :)  which I will decline for now  :D

and yes.

MalcolmInN

and I was not advocating anybody do anything they didnt consent to, it was a suggestion as a 'reductio ad absurdum' on the proposition of MS reserving the right to do these things regardless of whether ior not they would !

tongues in cheeks dont come over well in texts

As for the debate - laters - but for now = I have been on the internet since before there was a web, I have never caught a virus off it. I practice safe hex and have been able to advise others (by their emailings, regardless if they actually contained a live virus or not)
and do not put ALL my trust in anti-virus software.

but all that, and a debate, I would suggest would be better elsewhere than in Mike's very interesting topic  ??

Dorsetmike

Think I've finally cracked it, new PC, transferred the SSD with Win 7 Pro 64 from other machine, had to run Win 7 install disc selected repair and it now works Fingers etc tightly crossed!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations