JMRI not working

Started by Innovationgame, February 23, 2018, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innovationgame

:helpneededsign: I have installed JMRI and I wanted to make a start so that when I get a laptop, I will be able to transfer the files and get things moving.  I have been able to enter the layout editor and create a schematic of my layout, including all the loops and turnouts.  However, when I try to access any table, all that happens is that a hidden blank window is created.  The editor and PanelPro still work at this stage.  However, if I open the window via the PanelPro Window menu item, everything stops working.  I cannot even close PanelPro.  I have to resort to Taskmanager to end the Java Process. I went to the JMRI discussion forum on SouorceForge.net, but I need to register to use that.  I have tried to register with SourceForge, but I get no reply, so I am stuck.  Does anyone have any ideas?
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

ntpntpntp

I've not been there for a while, but I used to use the JMRI Yahoo group.

It will be handy if you post  some detail of your PC operating system, version of JMRI you installed and the java version it's running on (from memory I think JMRI has a Help>About box on its main menu that will tell you useful stuff)
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Innovationgame on February 23, 2018, 02:35:17 PM
:helpneededsign: I have installed JMRI and I wanted to make a start so that when I get a laptop, I will be able to transfer the files and get things moving.  I have been able to enter the layout editor and create a schematic of my layout, including all the loops and turnouts.  However, when I try to access any table, all that happens is that a hidden blank window is created.  The editor and PanelPro still work at this stage.  However, if I open the window via the PanelPro Window menu item, everything stops working.  I cannot even close PanelPro.  I have to resort to Taskmanager to end the Java Process. I went to the JMRI discussion forum on SouorceForge.net, but I need to register to use that.  I have tried to register with SourceForge, but I get no reply, so I am stuck.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Check you have the correct version of JAVA installed.  This is usually what causes problems.

Innovationgame

Thanks for the help.  I eventually got some help from JMRI and the issue was a sound file bug in the official release.  I have now installed Test Version 4.11.3 and that has solved the problem.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

njee20

Yes, I had the same issue, only present in the latest stable release, but as you've found installing the latest test release sorts it!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations