Dapol Website

Started by mokjumbo, June 01, 2017, 09:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mokjumbo

Hi,is it just me ?When I click on my bookmark for the Dapol site I get a page titled Default Parallels Plesk Panel.If I Google Dapol I get 404 not found.But if I select Dapol digest it goes straight there.Now I`m a computer idiot so it`s probably me,but I`m out of ideas.Any help please?Thanks.

austinbob

I googled Dapol - got Dapol.co.uk and it worked straight away. Might be a corrupt bookmark
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

mokjumbo

No,I Googled Dapol directly and still got 404 not found.

austinbob

Definitely working ok for me using Chrome or Microsoft Edge
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

mokjumbo

I`m using Firefox,would that be it perhaps?

austinbob

Unlikely I would have thought. Have you got another browser you could try?
If you look in your bookmarks can you see what web address you have against Dapol. Should be www.dapol.co.uk
Is it the only bookmark that's not working?

Bob Austin

MJKERR

If you are seeing error 404, then the page you have saved has now been deleted
Delete all the Dapol bookmarks
Close all the browser windows
Enter dapol.co.uk in the address bar, then save that

mokjumbo

It`s not just the bookmark.If I Google and select form the results,the only one that works is Dapol digest.All the others get 404.

austinbob

Quote from: mokjumbo on June 01, 2017, 10:05:54 AM
It`s not just the bookmark.If I Google and select form the results,the only one that works is Dapol digest.All the others get 404.
Once you get to the website through Dapol Digest, have you tried resaving the book mark as mjkerr suggests?
Again - do you know if there are other bookmarks that don't work or other websites you can't access.
It may also be there is a partial outage for your ISP.

Bob Austin

mokjumbo

All other bookmarks are perfect.I`ve deleted the Dapol bookmark and Googled directly.I`ve refreshed Firefox,I,ve got into Dapol digest and clicked on Dapol shop from there and get 404.

austinbob

Weird - I can't think of any other advice - you'll have to wait for one of those young computer experts to come along with some suggestions.
:no: :beers:

Bob Austin

mokjumbo

Thanks for trying anyway.

austinbob

No problem - at least you can get to the Dapol site through the Digest. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Bob Austin

MJKERR

Which ISP are you using?
I cannot find any results for
site:dapol.co.uk "Dapol Digest"

Please provide an address that returns Error 404

austinbob

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations