Do you still use ... ... ...

Started by Dorsetmike, June 02, 2017, 02:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: steve836 on June 20, 2017, 07:34:21 PM
anyone remember the telex machines?

I used to have to use one. I also used a comptometer as electronic calculators hadn't come along then. When the first one did, well, let's just say it wasn't a pocket one :goggleeyes:
Of course, those were the days when a man with a red flag walked in front of cars.

broadsword

A Martini  Henry rifle ?  Traded mine in for a phaser........

railsquid

Quote from: joe cassidy on June 20, 2017, 06:38:53 PM
I understand that in Japan people still use hand-written faxes ?
I think it's a becoming a dying tradition, though in a company I used to work for, one of my colleagues had following daily reporting workflow for a customer:
- print out a form specified by the customer on the fancy printer/fax machine/copier
- fill it in manually by hand in pen with the day's cumulative data from the company system
- fax said form from the printer it was previously printed on.

I did offer to automate the entire process down to a mouse click or two...

RailGooner

Quote from: broadsword on June 20, 2017, 11:48:53 PM

How old are you?!? Did you trade in your red coat for a khaki one? :D

daffy

Only Martini I no longer use was a wet one. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

broadsword

Quote from: RailGooner on June 21, 2017, 07:14:44 AM
Quote from: broadsword on June 20, 2017, 11:48:53 PM

How old are you?!? Did you trade in your red coat for a khaki one? :D

At Rorkes Drift the first Zulu shot was called Will.

Because Michael Caine ordered "When the Zulus attack fire at will "

Jerry Howlett

Thanks to you all for this post of utter madness!

Not done a lot on the forum lately and now I have just spent about 20 mins reading these contributions.  When will I learn ?

On the last few posts "cobblers last" I have one in the fireplace next to the woodburner.....Why ?

Faxes !!  Unbelievably the Car Insurance companies amongst others like you to "fax" them your details, look out Italy the computer age will be here soon.

We also have and use SPORKS!!!  a wonderful 70's invention.

LP's were lost in a move many years past I still have some videos (but no player !) and the cassettes from my youth have just been moved into another location to prevent Mrs "H" from discovering them and asking the inevitable  "why are you keeping these?"

Oh and somewhere I have an N Gauge layout that I must really get back to completing....

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

joe cassidy

My kids still use hot water bottles.

The electric blanket has had its day.

Does anyone still use a Teasmade ?

Best regards,

Joe

austinbob

Got a Teasmaid when I got married. Still works fine - get a nice cuppa in the morning and she washed the cups up too...
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on June 23, 2017, 04:22:23 PM

LP's were lost in a move many years past I still have some videos (but no player !) and the cassettes from my youth have just been moved into another location to prevent Mrs "H" from discovering them and asking the inevitable  "why are you keeping these?"

I have all my LPs, 45s and cassette tapes as I still have my Pioneer stack system with twin cassette decks, 6 CD multiplayer, graphic equaliser and turntable and regularly use it. I have loads of videos and, somewhere, a Toshiba video/DVD/set top box/hard drive ready to transfer all my old films, Fast Show tapes etc to DVD.
Now you know why I am still a DC dinosaur ;D

daffy

Quote from: austinbob on June 23, 2017, 06:24:01 PM
Got a Teasmaid when I got married. Still works fine - get a nice cuppa in the morning and she washed the cups up too...
:)

A good Teasmaid should work fine all day, not just for mornings. ;) I think I have the Deluxe model with optional bacon sarnies. :D

Daffy ducks. :uneasy:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

And I think most of us know a joke about a certain manufacturer of Teasmaids which can't be repeated here ;)

steve836

Quote from: newportnobby on June 23, 2017, 08:40:52 PM
And I think most of us know a joke about a certain manufacturer of Teasmaids which can't be repeated here ;)

I don't. PM me pse
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

Quote from: steve836 on June 23, 2017, 08:48:47 PM

I don't. PM me pse

PM sent, Steve :D

Snowwolflair

The one about improving service in a hotel.  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations