Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Problems

Started by Bealman, January 11, 2017, 02:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

You only need to enable data long enough to get the Samsung Tab sorted out, I would take a guess at there being an update either required on one which has been done which has caused the issue.

cheers
Graham

Bealman

An update.... I like it. Thanks mate, that makes sense.

I'll check it out tomorrow as at moment I'm having the usual Aussie thing, beers after work except I never worked anywhere today except making beds  ;)

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

The beer sounds really good, after a day of painting the outside of the house it is deserved. But the diet after Christmas indulgence will be observed until Australia day, then all bets are off.

Bealman

Sounds all cool to me. Thanks for advice, from all members, and I'll try stuff in the morning!  :thumbsup: :beers:

Izzy

If you take your Tab 3 away from your home wi-fi location - outside it's operating zone -  it should try and find another wi-fi to connect to until it's back in range when automatic re-connection should occur if it's been set as the default one to use. Most wi-fi enabled devices work this way. This may cure it, or again...... Two Tabs 3's I know of - mine/wifes - work okay here in the UK re wi-fi, but odd updates can sometimes be area/region specific. 

Nice and warm in Aus? Yes, I had heard this from my son (Sydney). You should be so lucky.....
I will never forget early 2011. After New Year the suggestion was we went south for a few days, visit Canberra etc. 42 when we left in the morning, dropped to 14 by 3pm. Guess who wasn't prepared for this clothes wise (lack of).

cheers,

Izzy

Bealman

Thanks, Izzy. I'll give it a shot today.

Yes, it was a scorcher yesterday, but thankfully it's cooler this morning.  :thumbsup:

Bealman

OK folks, have taken the device to local bowling club and connected immediately, no problems.

So the problem seems to be that the tablet and my home router have had a falling out with each other, I guess!  :worried:

Geoff

I have a galaxy tab s2 and had a problem with wifi, I did a factory reset and its been fine.
Geoff

Bealman

Thanks Geoff. That's an option I never even thought of. I don't have many photos or data on it anyway, and I can probably transfer the pics to computer before I do the reset.

However, I'll see what happens when I get the beastie into the home Wi-Fi environment.

Having a beer at the moment.  :thumbsup: :beers:

George

Webbo

George

Just returned from my watering hole. What else can you do when it's warm like this? Supposed to be worse for us tomorrow.

From what I can gather from your latest posts, I feel that the solution is just round the corner. I've only been dragged kicking and screaming into the smartphone age about a year ago when a friend gave me an iPhone 5 that was surplus to his requirements. I have to admit they have there uses and mine was terrific for setting up accommodation and rail travel when I was in the UK in May. Not being connected 24 hours a day has become an issue as you are now feeling. I digress.

With your phone have you tried turning the power on and off - I mean not just letting it lapse into sleep mode? Have you had a go at resetting the password to your router Wifi on the phone?

My bones tell me that this will be sorted within 2 days.

Webbo

Bealman

Cheers, mate.

I'm sure I'll get it sorted too. Lest assured, I'm not losing sleep over it. (Still at club)

What is great is the fantastic help from forum members.

Thanks all, and I'll keep you informed!  :thumbsup: :beers:

Bealman

Well, Friday morning here and the Tab 3 is back to it's old tricks now that it's come home. It has not connected itself automatically, so I guess I'll have to take a look at the other suggestions!  >:(

Bealman

Well, after saving what photos were on the Tab over onto my laptop, I did a factory reset on the Tab.

Nuffin. Still can't connect.

Looks like I'm going to have to cross fingers and switch off the router and turn it on again!

Ian_S

Bealman - pretty sure a router re-boot is going to solve your problem

It's good "computer housekeeping" to reboot your router on a regular basis - I do mine once / twice a month.
Not generally by a hard "power off" (although I do occasionally as the router is in the attic).
I log on to my router and use the menu option to re-boot it.

Why re-boot it? Clear the cache down, reset the logs, etc - Routers do save "data" when they "learn" about your network / devices / routes / rules etc

Log on to my router? - You may ask - err yeah.....
If you have never logged on to your router - I'd say that its set up with its "factory password" - which means it can be hacked a lot easier.

I'm not going to write in here how to logon / reboot your router as there are that many variations out there.
Use your favourite internet search engine and go do some research.

Good Luck  ;)

Ian S

Bealman

Thank you, Ian.

It's late at night here but I will try your suggestion and switch it off tonight and on again tomorrow!  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations