what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Malc

Who's Next. The best album they did IMHO.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Invicta Alec

Jackie Evancho.

The best singer I've ever heard. Pitch perfect gorgeous voice.

You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

daffy

Windy City, the new album from Alison Krauss. Her rendition of the Brenda Lee classic 'All alone am I' is superb.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

marco neri

Killing in the name - RATM cover by Black Mamba (Italian female band)

[mod]Link removed - hardly suitable for a family-friendly forum!![/mod]
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Newportnobby

Quote from: austinbob on March 07, 2017, 03:04:28 PM
I've just been listening to 'the sound of my lawnmower'.
No its not the latest song from a new rock band - its just that time of year again!!!
:) :beers:

@austinbob
Ah yes. That ripping anthem "Keep off the grass" by 'Flymo' :headbang:

Sprintex

REMINDER:

Please do not post videos or links to videos containing unsuitable content for a family-friendly forum. The forum Code of Conduct clearly states:-

"e)  Refrain from using foul, abusive, racist or insulting language. Remember that youngsters read this forum."

This also applies to images, videos and links to external websites.

:thankyousign:

Paul

Delboy

WOW! What a singer Jackie Evancho is. Thanks Alex for introducing me to her. Will have to get some of her music.
D.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Invicta Alec

Quote from: Delboy on March 10, 2017, 04:50:28 PM
WOW! What a singer Jackie Evancho is. Thanks Alex for introducing me to her. Will have to get some of her music.
D.

You are very welcome Delboy. I first came across Jackie when she was just 10 years old and couldn't believe what I was seeing (check out her America's got talent appearances in 2010, they are all on YouTube). I was so taken with her voice I HAD to see her in concert - which meant going all the way to Florida in 2015 just to hear her sing! At 11 years old she sang one song in London which pulled the house down - look up Nessun Dorma by Jackie on Britain's Got Talent. Goosebumps time - that's a promise.

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Delboy

Thanks for that Alec.
Will check her out asap.
D
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

LAandNQFan

I'm listening, feeling rather mournful, to The Best of Chuck Berry. What a wonderful guitarist, and what a sense of humour.
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

Newportnobby

My next door neighbour hitting something in his bungalow with a hammer (again). It can't be his wife as it's quite noisy.
TBH, he's the most noisy neighbour I've ever had so I am just going to put some Led Zep on at volume 11.
Excuse me a moment. >:D

broadsword

Quote from: LAandNQFan on March 19, 2017, 12:49:14 PM
I'm listening, feeling rather mournful, to The Best of Chuck Berry. What a wonderful guitarist, and what a sense of humour.

I think we should keep our heroes at arms length, CB may have been one of the rock'n' roll greats
Roll over Beethoven etc, but personally he was a pretty horrible person.

GroupC

"Marching Orders" from Editors' latest album "In Dream"... 7.45 of epic-ness, esp. when the bass comes in at around 2.23 and the piano follows at 2.33. Even better through headphones.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations