what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texhorse

I've also had a tidy up Dave.  Found a packet of people I was last searching for a couple of years ago!  Surprised to find these.  Shame I had bought a replacement pack in the meantime!

Andy
UK
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

texhorse

I've just finished filming episode 41 of the Montrose and Highland Railroad for my Youtube channel.  The subject matter is the Railfan day at South Pine, and also the use of graphite on my track to keep trains running nicely.

Andy
UK
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Webbo

Looking forward to seeing it, Andy.

Presumably, you'll be posting it shortly?

Webbo

MalcolmInN

I dont think I have contributed to this "what's doing" topic before ? So here goes  :-

It is 2:30am local and I have just finished doing an embryo shuttle back-and-forth contraption involving some cardboard hinge+sticky copper foil buffer stops (as diy micro switches), a bistable multivibrator latch, driver and  dpdt relay,,,,  and am now watching it all going (this way & that),, with a glass of amber nectar :)

Isnt model railway fun :)

MalcolmInN

and now it is 3:40am local, pleased to report that it is all ackling ok, quite mesmerising in fact, or is that the amber nectar ? ! ,, so off to bed >>

Webbo

Fascinating stuff Malcolm. Hope you are going to tell us what you'll be doing in bed.

Webbo

texhorse

Quote from: Webbo on October 08, 2017, 10:38:58 PM
Looking forward to seeing it, Andy.

Presumably, you'll be posting it shortly?

Webbo

Keep watching Webbo, it'll be along very soon!

Andy
UK
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

MalcolmInN

Quote from: MalcolmAL on October 09, 2017, 04:18:48 AM
Quote from: Webbo on October 09, 2017, 04:02:59 AM
tell us what you'll be doing in bed.

?
and No! I did not dream of electric sheep :)

However today I have been playing with a new simple website to display pics and videos (not been too happy previously with Vimeo)
y'all can have a laugh&giggle here > http://malcolma.simplesite.com/436993220

Mito

I like the modern art in the second photo. Perhaps if you put a delay in the switches you could train (pun intended) the loco to bring essential liquid and take the empties away. Beats getting out of the chair. :D
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Mito on October 09, 2017, 08:30:22 PM
I like the modern art in the second photo.
bring essential liquid and take the empties away.
Ah, the bird's nest style :) better than dead bugs and not an Arduino in sight :) Normally I would use one of the newfangled plug-in breadboarding blocks but the leads/legs that came out of the TV were too short !!

:laughabovepost: I'm working on it  ;)

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

deltic009

I am helping my Dad fit an inner skin to a sheet metal shed, then butcher part of my old layout and slice an aborted layout to form a new one my kids. The kicker - we want it operational if not visibly complete by Christmas haha. The skin is now done, so the butchering comes next. It isn't too complicated, but acquiring sufficient point motors and getting it all wired up should be fun. My Dad is semi-retired (2 day week) and I am full time in work with the four boys to keep me occupied (10, 6, 3 and 2).

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations