New C Rail KTA Pocket wagon RTR

Started by Arran, February 12, 2017, 10:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arran

=C=Rail= Intermodals Next project is a departure from just containers and will be offering it first RTR wagon in N Gauge

The KQA/KTA wagons were another type specifically intended to permit the carriage of 9ft 6in tall containers within the UK loading gauge. With a distinctive slab-sided design, the wagons were initially given RIV numbers, but being used only on domestic Freightliner services, were later renumbered into the private-owner series. The method of carrying containers earned them the nickname Pocket wagons.
Loadable Deck Length: 40 feet, capable of carrying 20, 30 and 40 foot containers.
Tare Weight (Tons): 23 tonnes
Carrying Capacity (Tons): 67 tonnes

The development of the wagon is at an early stage and will go hand in hand with the new 40ft hc containers, the wagon if all goes o plan will be available for sale in the first quarter of 2018.

We are proposing to offer 2 wagons with containers and one empty.

The website will be updated in the next month or so to you can place advanced orders at an introductory price, this has yet to be finally worked out due to currency fluctuations but anyone pre-ordering will get there's at the advertised price.

The containers will be NYK Logistics and OOCL .
Attached Thumbnails

StufromEGDL

Hi Arran,

This is an exciting announcement..Ill probably be in for at least a couple.
Is it a different prototype than the previous ATM version, now sadly unavailable.

Will you have any further info available at Glasgow in a couple of weeks time..

Later,
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Sprintex

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations