Graham Farish Mk1 Maroon Coaches,

Started by Paul-H, September 01, 2018, 09:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-H

Hi all

Anyone got a list of all the different mk1 maroon coaches Farish have released over the years.

Thanks

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

RailGooner

Paul-H

Excellent, just what I was looking for.

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Newportnobby

The attached may also help although it's not been updated for some while. Coaches start at page 26. The handy thing about it is that is shows running numbers so you can see what has been split from a set.

Yet_Another

Well done for that, NPN. I think a readily accessible place on the forum should be found for this document, now that it's not on the Bachmann website any more.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

Quote from: Yet_Another on September 02, 2018, 10:28:46 AM
Well done for that, NPN. I think a readily accessible place on the forum should be found for this document, now that it's not on the Bachmann website any more.

It's in The Knowledge Bank under 'F' :thumbsup:

Yet_Another

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 02, 2018, 02:42:08 PM

I can only see dead links to the old website?  :confused1:
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

Quote from: Yet_Another on September 02, 2018, 02:47:04 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on September 02, 2018, 02:42:08 PM

I can only see dead links to the old website?  :confused1:

Sorry - I forgot mine was a PDF that had to be attached. It's there now.

HalfTheSizeTwiceTheFun

I use the Model Rail Database https://www.modelraildatabase.com/coaches/, which also shows ones for sale on e-Bay.

Incidentally, does anyone know of a method of determining where the models were made? I try to avoid the older Poole and early Chinese made ones as they are less detailed, but just going by year of manufacturer from the catalogue isn't always reliable.

crewearpley40

If you have any boxes with said coaches a yellow stripe and a 4 digit number will indicate early poole farish. The more modern tooling has 6 digits. I did find this article a help https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/140512-how-to-know-the-difference/

HalfTheSizeTwiceTheFun

True, but ones for sale on eBay don't always show the box or give the number, so I often have to resort to a little detective work, e.g. the running number or looking at the roof detail on coaches.

crewearpley40

Quote from: HalfTheSizeTwiceTheFun on April 05, 2021, 01:33:38 PM
True, but ones for sale on eBay don't always show the box or give the number, so I often have to resort to a little detective work, e.g. the running number or looking at the roof detail on coaches.
fair point on that issue

HalfTheSizeTwiceTheFun

I should have added that the RMweb link you provided is very useful!

crewearpley40

Quote from: HalfTheSizeTwiceTheFun on April 05, 2021, 01:38:11 PM
I should have added that the RMweb link you provided is very useful!
no worries. Hope it helps

martyn

Best check;

Very old Poole-windows are a separate strip inserted into the body.

Couplings-if mounted on body, NEM pockets-Blue Ribband. If mounted on bogie-Poole or Chinese Poole.

Roof details-separate filler pipes on latest style

Underframe-older style quite crude and not totally prototypical (I changed all my Poole style to Ultima detailing kit).

On the Chinese Poole-style, i.e. before Blue Ribband, the livery was re-done which left a noticeably deeper coloured panel above the windows.

Bogies-Poole and early Chinese had generic bogie, very close to an LMS design. Blue Ribband BR1 bogies (don't know if they fit Commonwealth or B4, if appropriate, after my timescale).

Not comprehensive, but gives an idea of what to look out for.

Martyn

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations