Steam loco ideas please

Started by bbdave, December 14, 2011, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brbluewill

Quote from: bbdave on December 16, 2011, 05:08:51 PM
This is the problem starting a thread like this when i need to wait a week or two for funds all the good ones get snapped up i'll make do with pushing my coaches round with a stick :(

Dave

dont worry dave i have found another ;) if you want it get in touch and i will give you the details ;D ;D
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

zwilnik

I've picked up various Farish Hall and Castle class locos off eBay and from members on this forum. Quality varies depending upon how old they are and how well maintained and detail isn't the same as the newer models, but the good ones are reliable runners and look good in front of a rake of Dapol Coaches.

The Farish version of the Prairie is also a bit simpler detailing than the Dapol one but it's a model of the large prairie rather than the small one so it's a little more suited to a passenger service. It's also a heavier model so tends to pull more. However I've found that both the Dapol and Farish prairies like to have very smooth track or the leading bogie tends to derail as it's a bit light.

Just noticed Osbornes have the Ixion Manors now (now Ixion/Dapol ones as Dapol have bought the moulds). They're £105 apiece though, but I've heard good things. Can anyone confirm this?

bbdave

Thanks gwrwill i'll pm you. I would rather buy a new loco as i only have two at the moment and it would be nice to get one brand new. I do like the look of the Halls and Manors so a decission to be made

Dave

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations